This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First two confirmed corona cases on Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we got off a cruise ship yesterday.
    during the cruise it seemed that the employees that would usually be painting, scraping and doing maintenance work were doing things like spraying cruiser's hands with purel, and wiping and wiping and wiping everything that was "touchable" with disinfectant and being very preventative just like you saw at Lings!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ches View Post
    Went to lings at 1230 today, 14 Mar. they politely took everyone’s temp via scanner to the hand. They then pointed to disinfecting wipes to clean cart handles, very well done and good job. Not too crowded and stocked very well. Back by the pool. Mission accomplished.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ches View Post
    Went to lings at 1230 today, 14 Mar. they politely took everyone’s temp via scanner to the hand. They then pointed to disinfecting wipes to clean cart handles, very well done and good job. Not too crowded and stocked very well. Back by the pool. Mission accomplished.
    Thanks for posting Dave, hope you guys are having fun! And welcome to the forum!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Today, when I went to BodyZone Fitness Center, they had a new dispenser hanging on the wall, which contained hand sanitizer wipes, and instructed all who entered to clean their hands.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    With cases ending in China, Europe in now the epicenter of the virus. I think it is irresponsible to say and has nothing to do with the euro vs the dollar. A widespread virus outbreak on the island would be devastating and I see why they have banned flights from Europe for the time being. With an upcoming trip several weeks away, we are holding our breath with regards to US flight cancellations. I feel sorry for our members that are in Europe who may have plans to visit soon and hope they stay well.
    Walt, I do not disagree with what you are saying. The point I am making is that the two cases originate in the States, not Europe. There are much more tourists from the States flying in. The way things are not handled in the States, if I was living in Aruba, I would be more worried about that. Not all of Europe is equally pandemic. Italy is. But there are no direct flights from Italy to Aruba, nor are there many Italians that come over to Aruba. I think Aruba should close its borders for all tourists. Now they are playing with the lives of their citizens. And yes, I do think the dollar speaks louder than the euro in this case. The government wants to look like they are taking strong measures, but don’t want to risk all the dollars coming in. I think this is stupid. Corona will become pandemic all over the world. It is just a matter of time.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said before, Aruba simply follows the WHO recommendations. In Curacao, the patients with Corona are Dutch people that came from the Netherlands. Which is also logical, because Curacao receives far more tourists from NL than from the US. We, Aruba are the opposite and as such both of our cases originated from the US.

There is also something to be said for the total lack of initial response in the US, which means the WHO simply does not have the real numbers in America. The US is currently dealing with a pandemic, completely blind, until testing finally begins. It is a disgrace that one basketball team has done more testing than entire US states...

Now, if cases in Aruba further increase in the coming days, Aruba will no doubt also close the border with the US. The Dollars versus Euro argument is simply mumbo jumbo as the tourism industry is already widely affected. By the time we close the border with the US, most tourists have already canceled/postponed their flights, so in that sense, it is a total non-factor.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree
    Quote Originally Posted by arawak View Post

there is also something to be said for the total lack of initial response in the us, which means the who simply does not have the real numbers in america. The us is currently dealing with a pandemic, completely blind, until testing finally begins. It is a disgrace that one basketball team has done more testing than entire us states...
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Stu's dr. said they are only testing the very ill because they don't have enough of the test kits.

Post Thanks / Like

From Aruba.com:
    Two corona cases confirmed in Aruba

ORANJESTAD – During an extraordinary press conference the Prime Minister of Aruba, Mrs. Evelyn Wever-Croes informed that there are two confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Aruba.

One confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) case is a US citizen who traveled to Aruba for vacation and work. The other case is an Aruban man who was on vacation in the USA. Both isolated and seem to be recovering.
    In connection with these latest developments, the government is taking the following precautionary measures:

• All public events are canceled till March 31, 2020. This entails all government’s activities and all private activities with a police permit. After this date an evaluation will take place and a decision will be made;
    • As per Monday, March 16, 2020, the entry of travelers from Europe and other countries on the World Health Organization list, will be restricted until the end of March 31, 2020 (namely a travel restriction for non-nationals (non legal residents) flying to Aruba from China (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Singapore, Iran, Korea (Rep), Japan, the European Union, Great Britain, Switzerland and Norway).
    • Schools are closed the entire week starting Monday, March 16, 2020, and at the end of the week, a decision will be made in this regard.

“Now we must focus on containing and preventing the transmission of the virus. Those most at risk are people older than 60 years and people with chronic diseases. Take good care of them. Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds and use hand sanitizers if you are unable to wash your hands. Avoid physical contact, greet one another without shaking hands, hugging or kissing. The government of Aruba is doing its part. The public must also take precautionary measures. It is your own hands”, the Prime Minister emphasized.
    If you are sick, STAY at home. Call 280-0101

We work together on an informative, accessible and user-friendly Government Portal for Aruba.
    Report something? Click here

Page options

Contrast