This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health and Safety Protocols...........News Release May 19, 2020

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Health and Safety Protocols...........News Release May 19, 2020

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We received a summary of best practices guidelines from Prestige the other day. Here is what is recommended.

Hotel Best Practices
    New Norms For Reopening Post COVID-19 lockdown
    To be added to current Cleaning Protocols May 2020

General:
    §Assign a “Clean Manager” to implement measures and ensure compliance. This function can be combined with another function such as Quality Manager.
    §Temperature gun use at entrances, for employees, guests, tenants, and suppliers.
    §Refrain from handshakes, hugs and kisses.
    §Ensure that employees that are under Quarantine Order are not at hotel.
    §Have procedure in place to manage suspected cases of COVID-19 with guests and employees.
    (Including that symptomatic employees are sent for medical attention).
    §Implement and enforce strict hygiene rules for staff, based on CDC/WHO guidelines.
    §Shared equipment is sanitized at end of each shift use (radios, engineering tools, etc).
    §Ongoing training for staff regarding measures and health and safety.
    §Provide staff with PPE (as per Addendum A) and enforce use.
    §Enforce social distancing for staff.
    §Touch-free hand sanitizer stations in all public areas.
    §Post posters reinforcing social distancing and hygiene rules.
    §Use digital payments on property rather than cash.
    §Increased schedule of cleaning public areas, including lobbies, elevators, door handles, restrooms).
    §Sanitize public hotel areas with disinfectant spraying (electrostatic sprayers preferred).
    §Rearrange lobby and public area furniture to ensure 1.5-meter distancing.
    Elevator:
    §Maximum 4 persons per ride.
    §Hourly cleaning and disinfecting, including the buttons

Housekeeping:
    §Clean and disinfect public spaces every hour.
    §High touch point areas must be frequently and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected to the most stringent standards.
    §Pay special attention to areas such as door handles, switches, elevator buttons, counters, pens, phones, touch screens, remote controls, etc.
    §Wash hands frequently and properly.
    §Use approved disinfectant products and proven sanitizing methods.
    §After each checkout and departure cleaning service, professional disinfectant fogging of the unit is recommended, and the unit must then be properly sealed until the entry of the next guest.

PPE - Personal Protective Equipment:

RECOMMENDED TO DISTRIBUTE:
    §For employees who have direct contact with guests to be issued a minimum of 2 (disposable) Masks per shift. Recommended for in unit maintenance and cleaners. Other employees should keep their social distance.

HAVE AMPLE SUPPLIES OF:
    §Hand sanitizer (Hand Sanitizing Stations in various areas, including public bathrooms, gym, lobby, elevator landing, etc.)

FOR ENTRANCES:
    §Non-Contact Thermometers (possibly at security entrance).

Post Thanks / Like
    Great stuff. Sounds like they be screening guests daily every walk into the hotel? That does not sound very relaxing to me but necessary in todays times I guess. How many of us have gotten ill on vacation and had a fever? My wife a couple of times, my son once. I would be worried they would not let me into the hotel with a slight fever that had nothing to do with Corona. All that said I am glad they are taking every precaution they can to keep guests and their employees safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Great stuff. Sounds like they be screening guests daily every walk into the hotel? That does not sound very relaxing to me but necessary in todays times I guess. How many of us have gotten ill on vacation and had a fever? My wife a couple of times, my son once. I would be worried they would not let me into the hotel with a slight fever that had nothing to do with Corona. All that said I am glad they are taking every precaution they can to keep guests and their employees safe.
    I'm not so sure about taking temperatures. If you are hot from being in the sun or running, or having a hot flash, I believe it'll read the heat coming off of you rather than your true temp. I had a friend in high school, who's sister would sneak out for smoke and then go to the nurse and have her temperature taken to be sent home as ill because smoking raises the body temp.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    in reality, the temperature thing really is no indication. my brother had covid bad and his temperature was 99.0 which is pretty normal.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    gaby, how is your brother doing? it sounds like he is recovering (praying so)?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    in reality, the temperature thing really is no indication. my brother had covid bad and his temperature was 99.0 which is pretty normal.

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    gaby, how is your brother doing? it sounds like he is recovering (praying so)?

he is. my SIL was positive with no symptoms. My brother & SIL went for a retest 10 days ago, he was still positive, she was negative. he just went again yesterday for another retesting. I told him that even though he had it and if he tests negative, he is not to assume he is immune. There is not enough info on this virus to assume that. he still needs to wear a mask. he is on his 6th week but started feeling better about 2.5 weeks after getting it and completely better by the 4th week. the dr gave him the z-pack after the 2nd week and that is only cause he wouldn't go get tested before then. men, idiots, lol. my SIL had to get her their granddaughter to make him promise to get tested. then he went.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to hear that your brother is doing well with recovery. To me it’s amazing that your sister in law was negative. They must be handling things the way they should. I do hope they find that they are now immune. There is so much more to learn about this virus.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    wonderful to hear some good news for a change!

0 0