This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do you know each other? :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    The people I know from the forum are people I met on the forum with the exception of DiviDiviFan. We had met when we were staying at the Divi AI and got talking, while at the bar, about the forum. She later started posting. The others we have met at various meet and greets. Andrea and Paul and Tom and I have gotten together for dinner when on the island.

The meet and greets are just casual meet ups at places like Local Store or the beach bar at Amsterdam Manor. People stop by, have a drink and say hello. It’s a nice way to make new friends.

I remember meeting Peg like it was yesterday Tom and my husband spent lots of time talking years ago at the beach bar and Peg would come visit Tom or perhaps get some green creme de menthe for her soft serve. Once I found out her name I asked if she was the one and only Pegmeister and was shocked to find out she was...the rest is history. Peg and I have supported each other through difficult health issues with our husbands and to this day check in on each other now and then. I also found great support at the time from lots of "forum members" who prayed for us as if they were family, things like this are never forgotten.

I had a similar experience at Pelican's Nest happy hour years ago and went up to Tracey to ask if it was her, remember the fireballs with your family who were visiting from the cruise ship Tracey, lol.....maybe I should become a detective :-) The table of Tracey and Jon's was also a give a way as it was the loudest on the pier and they would having so much fun and laughs, it had to be them.

My husband and I met up with Andrea and Paul one evening and enjoyed their company too!

I haven't posted in a while so hello to everyone and hope you are all well

0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey back at ya! Hope you are well also.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We've met a few of the forum members through the forum. We get together with Robin and Stu frequently, when we're all on the island. We got together for a group forum gathering one year at Legends, and met Aruba Curt. There were a number of people at that get together and it wasn't really organized to meet new people for us introverts. The wife sounds a lot like John and Tom, not really that anxious to meet other people, but have a good time once they do. She does much better with smaller groups and of course an adult beverage.
    Last edited by schexc; 05-01-2021 at 09:54 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I had a similar experience at Pelican's Nest happy hour years ago and went up to Tracey to ask if it was her, remember the fireballs with your family who were visiting from the cruise ship Tracey, lol.....maybe I should become a detective :-) The table of Tracey and Jon's was also a give a way as it was the loudest on the pier and they would having so much fun and laughs, it had to be them.
    Oh yes, that was quite a day I wish we had gotten a chance to visit longer!
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1