This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hurricane Isaac AA Canceling flights

  1. #1
    Senior Member dipeblnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Hurricane Isaac AA Canceling flights

    In and out of Miami on Sunday and Monday...I still haven't gotten an email notifying me of this but I happened to check the flight tracker app on my ipad and saw my flight into Miami on Monday morning had been canceled...SO i immediately called AA and the girl told me they hadn't sent notices out yet...but she was able to rebook me for Tuesday to Aruba. Looks like I will be at work on Monday, totally unproductive.


    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel for you.
    I REALLY feel bad for all those who were supposed to be coming home today and got stuck in Aruba. What a shame. (those people are living my dream)
    0 2
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,760
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pratoman View Post
    I feel for you.
    I REALLY feel bad for all those who were supposed to be coming home today and got stuck in Aruba. What a shame. (those people are living my dream)
    Right... better stuck in Aruba than stuck trying to get to Aruba... Good Luck all!
    0 2
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,142
    Post Thanks / Like

  5. #5
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had an extra day in Aruba in December of 2009 thanks to a blizzard in Boston. AA did a great job re- booking us.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com


    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    we had 4 extra days in aruba in august 2011 due to a hurricane that wreaked havoc in the mid atlantic states

    thank goodness for trip insurance

    in times of weather related issues, trip insurance should/will cover additional housing, food etc charges incurred.

    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    We had an extra day in Aruba in December of 2009 thanks to a blizzard in Boston. AA did a great job re- booking us.

  7. #7
    Senior Member hatteras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is so great that you could reschedule for Tues. A few years ago our flight to Aruba from Dulles was canceled (airport shut down) due to a blizzard. The airlines were so booked that we couldn't get a flight for three days. Travel insurance did not reimburse us because apparently if the airport gets any flight out within 24 hours of a shutdown we were not covered. They did get a flight out within 24 hours to someplace, so we got nothing back. We made the best of it, and ended up extending our vacation in Aruba for three extra days, on our own dime. It was worth it. Have a great time.


    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the flight cancellation had occurred while you were in aruba, the insurance at the very least should have covered your additional lodging and food. we were even reimbursed for the additional days of our car rental.

    unbelievable how the "fine print" about them getting a flight out within 24 hrs can mess up insurance.
    glad your trip went well in spite of it getting delayed due to a blizzard.

    so here's hoping that ISAAC is a non event for FLA and the other gulf coast states. here's hoping all gets back on track real soon, those who are delayed getting to aruba because of Isaac are able to add days on at the other end of the vacation and those that are "stuck in aruba" are able to make the best of it


    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    That is so great that you could reschedule for Tues. A few years ago our flight to Aruba from Dulles was canceled (airport shut down) due to a blizzard. The airlines were so booked that we couldn't get a flight for three days. Travel insurance did not reimburse us because apparently if the airport gets any flight out within 24 hours of a shutdown we were not covered. They did get a flight out within 24 hours to someplace, so we got nothing back. We made the best of it, and ended up extending our vacation in Aruba for three extra days, on our own dime. It was worth it. Have a great time.

  9. #9
    Senior Member hatteras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like there are a lot of power outages in the Miami area tonight. Hope those traveling will be able to resume their trips asap.


    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member dipeblnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to compliment AA Vactions for the amazing customer service. I really feel like they have been the best to work with. I have not to hold one time when I have called and they have been extremely accomodating... even getting us back into our prefered seating on our flights.


    0 1
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •