This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Heart Aruba sign downtown

Post Thanks / Like

I Heart Aruba sign downtown

I saw something on FB today that they moved the sign from in front of the government building (near the Ren) to the cruise ship terminal plaza.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw that too.
    I always felt it was not an appropriate spot (in front of Parliament building) however, how many land based visitors get to the cruise port area?

i suppose that once the Watty Vos is opened and even more folks will bypass the downtown then another location(s) would be good.
    Is there one now up at Palm Beach?

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a sign at Palm Beach and and I think one at Surfside Beach. I never go to the cruise ship terminal and I doubt most who fly in go there. Maybe they need one in the low rise area and another spot downtown.
    Last edited by robin; 09-30-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: fixed sentence

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The owner of the sign said in a radio interview that he never intended for the sign to stay in front of the parliament building for so long(8 years now apparently).

I thoroughly agree to moving it for many reasons. One is what Andrea said being in front of the parliament. The other is simply safety. People come take pictures and some times don't pay attention to the heavy traffic on the road. Cars have to slow down because they are afraid of hitting people that get close to the edge of the sidewalk, which in turn makes the passage of vehicles go even slower.

They are going to do some maintenance on it and put it somewhere outside the cruise terminal. Not sure where exactly. They are also upgrading the sign so you can take pictures with it from either side.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always felt that it was kind of “honky tonk” to have it there.
    The Parliament is a place of importance, an honorable place. I felt that the sign cheapened the area.
    Yup we have stood there and smiled. So I am a hypocrite indeed

the safety thought never never crossed my mind but that is a great point!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    The owner of the sign said in a radio interview that he never intended for the sign to stay in front of the parliament building for so long(8 years now apparently).

I thoroughly agree to moving it for many reasons. One is what Andrea said being in front of the parliament. The other is simply safety. People come take pictures and some times don't pay attention to the heavy traffic on the road. Cars have to slow down because they are afraid of hitting people that get close to the edge of the sidewalk, which in turn makes the passage of vehicles go even slower.

They are going to do some maintenance on it and put it somewhere outside the cruise terminal. Not sure where exactly. They are also upgrading the sign so you can take pictures with it from either side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I always felt that it was kind of “honky tonk” to have it there.
    The Parliament is a place of importance, an honorable place. I felt that the sign cheapened the area.
    Yup we have stood there and smiled. So I am a hypocrite indeed

the safety thought never never crossed my mind but that is a great point!!
    You are right that it does not belong there because the Parliament building is the government. I've seen people standing in the street to get a good picture of it. People love to get their pictures taken in front of it or on it. Because people like doing that I hope when they put it at the cruise ship terminal, they put it in a spot land based tourist can see it and all people can safely take a picture.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a I Heart Aruba sign between Playa Linda and Carlito's. At least there was in May.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I saw something on FB today that they moved the sign from in front of the government building (near the Ren) to the cruise ship terminal plaza.
    When did it happened? I took pictures by parlament on September 24.
    and I saw across cruise terminal too. Thought they place another one in downtown
    Last edited by GETA62; 10-01-2019 at 01:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    When did it happened? I took pictures by parlament on September 24.
    and I saw across cruise terminal too. Thought they place another one in downtown
    I think on Monday.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    What am I behind on? "Watty Vos"?????

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I saw that too.
    I always felt it was not an appropriate spot (in front of Parliament building) however, how many land based visitors get to the cruise port area?

i suppose that once the Watty Vos is opened and even more folks will bypass the downtown then another location(s) would be good.
    Is there one now up at Palm Beach?

0 0