This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: International School of Aruba (ISA)

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    International School of Aruba (ISA)

    I'm curious to see if there are any ISA alumni on this forum. I attended ISA in the early 90's (elementary school). It would be great to reconnect with others who may have attended at the same time. I lived in the Colony, and my father moved us down in 1990 due to his position with Coastal (Coastal owned the refinery at the time, I believe). Just thought I would reach out
    0 0 0
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    my guess is that would put you in your early or mid 30s.
    were any of your friends aruban kids?
    do you remember the name of any of your teachers or school administrators?
    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    I'm curious to see if there are any ISA alumni on this forum. I attended ISA in the early 90's (elementary school). It would be great to reconnect with others who may have attended at the same time. I lived in the Colony, and my father moved us down in 1990 due to his position with Coastal (Coastal owned the refinery at the time, I believe). Just thought I would reach out


    live-webcams-and-channels. Aruba Webcams
    0 0 0
     

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my guess is that would put you in your early or mid 30s.
    were any of your friends aruban kids?
    do you remember the name of any of your teachers or school administrators?
    I am 35, so good guess! I honestly can't remember my teachers, but the headmaster was Mr. Trogisch (sp?). To be honest, I can't remember who was from the island itself. The school was such a melting pot of nationalities and cultures. During my time there several students stand out. Nina Arends, Michael Wilson, Michael Tauber, Sabrina Lacle, Boris Cybul, among others. I do remember one teacher... Mrs. Hodge, but I can't remember which grade.
    0 0 0
     

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arends and Lacle are common names in Aruba.

    start with facebook.
    see if the international school of aruba has a FB page and maybe an alumni section?

    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    I am 35, so good guess! I honestly can't remember my teachers, but the headmaster was Mr. Trogisch (sp?). To be honest, I can't remember who was from the island itself. The school was such a melting pot of nationalities and cultures. During my time there several students stand out. Nina Arends, Michael Wilson, Michael Tauber, Sabrina Lacle, Boris Cybul, among others. I do remember one teacher... Mrs. Hodge, but I can't remember which grade.


    live-webcams-and-channels. Aruba Webcams
    0 0 0
     

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with your search! That would be so cool to meet up with any of those people on your trip!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0 0
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •