This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: irausquin blvd road construction. (thanks rona !)

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

irausquin blvd road construction. (thanks rona !)

irausquin blvd road work!
    (this is the road from the divi phoenix to the Tamarijn/Dutch and Smith Blvd intersection. https://batibleki.wheninaruba.com/wa...8V0-2eNn3TxRAc
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-07-2019 at 04:47 PM. Reason: corrected the link

Post Thanks / Like
    Aruba definitely needs to improve the "flow". Sad that they feel the need to remove the aloe, sea grape and cacti from the median... I always thought that was part of the charm the "beach road".

0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be sad to see the median go because it makes it easier to cross the road, but happy when there are sidewalks the length of the road.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very sad to see the median go...part of the charm and beauty was all of the cactus, aloe, and sea grapes. There already is a paved walkway now from the end of Amsterdam Manor all the way to Screaming Eagle in front of resorts/restaurants. It is a little bumpy in parts (have to watch where you're walking/running in some spots) but if they just repave it would be great - it is used alot in the morning by both walkers and joggers. I am not a fan of getting rid of the median/plant life.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like work has started. I know from talking to a friend who is a GM of a hotel here at dinner the other night, he said they were starting this week or next week at the north end of the street. I didn't walk yesterday, but here are some pictures from this morning. I'm taking the pictures facing north at the intersection of the road that goes from Irausquin to the circle by Superfoods. They are headed toward Azure and Blue. I have no idea why the one picture flipped sideways and don't know how to fix it.

irausquin blvd road construction. (thanks rona !)-img_0650-jpg irausquin blvd road construction. (thanks rona !)-img_0653-jpg

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Since so many people “complain” about the crossing the “busy street” in front of La Cabana or Amsterdam Manor (That street is a non-issue for me and I don’t find it worth complaining of), I wonder if people will be turned off from staying there once the project is funished?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt it'll be an issue. They are supposed to have crosswalks. There will be sidewalks that you can walk the length of the street-safe to walk anywhere for a meal. They are supposed to upgrade the beach area near Costa Linda with parking, so maybe there will be less people in the area of LaCabana/Amsterdam Manor. I know they are supposed to be putting in a roundabout by Oceania, but I don't know if they are putting in any other ones. From what I read, the beaches may be wider because they are moving the lanes together. Time will tell.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I doubt it'll be an issue. They are supposed to have crosswalks. There will be sidewalks that you can walk the length of the street-safe to walk anywhere for a meal. They are supposed to upgrade the beach area near Costa Linda with parking, so maybe there will be less people in the area of LaCabana/Amsterdam Manor. I know they are supposed to be putting in a roundabout by Oceania, but I don't know if they are putting in any other ones. From what I read, the beaches may be wider because they are moving the lanes together. Time will tell.
    I don't get it....you can already walk the length on the paved walkway from Amsterdam Manor to Screaming Eagle - and there already is a parking lot available at the beach next to the Costa Linda at the Coco Loco Beach Bar....??
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    I don't get it....you can already walk the length on the paved walkway from Amsterdam Manor to Screaming Eagle - and there already is a parking lot available at the beach next to the Costa Linda at the Coco Loco Beach Bar....??
    The area that is paved is not long. If you want to walk to dinner at any of the places near Alahambra you are walking on uneven sand the dark. It will be safer. There are a lot of people who walk or run and this will allow a nice, level, safe, linear, and long path. I believe that adding in the sidewalks will continue the lunar park concept. I think they are trying to have sidewalks from the saventa to past the high rise area.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, they want to EXTEND it. Doubtful we would ever use it to walk to dinner that far in nice clothes. Would be a nice jogging path though - we usually go in the opposite direction from Amsterdam Manor to the Phoenix for that.

0 1