This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: irausquin blvd road construction. (thanks rona !)

Post Thanks / Like
    Walking from Amsterdam Manor to the Phoenix will be much easier with sidewalks. I like walking to dinner because it is surely not something I can not do in my neighborhood at home unless I am going to someone's home. I'm the driver while we are here and I won't drink and drive, so it would be nice to walk. I don't wear high heels due to back issues. I know plenty of people who stay at places like ABC, Manchebo, etc. who go to Screaming Eagle and Chalet Swiss and would like to walk rather than drive or take a taxi. I think the sidewalks will be good for the restaurants and for walkers/runners.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    Oh, they want to EXTEND it. Doubtful we would ever use it to walk to dinner that far in nice clothes. Would be a nice jogging path though - we usually go in the opposite direction from Amsterdam Manor to the Phoenix for that.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree. I love walking to dinner as the view are just amazing and its not something we can ever do at home. Before we had our son we would almost never get in a cab and just walk everywhere as we loved the quiet time and enjoyed a drink and scenery. I hope they put sidewalks around the entire island so people can safely bike/jog. It stinks about losing nature along the way though...

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Walking from Amsterdam Manor to the Phoenix will be much easier with sidewalks. I like walking to dinner because it is surely not something I can not do in my neighborhood at home unless I am going to someone's home. I'm the driver while we are here and I won't drink and drive, so it would be nice to walk. I don't wear high heels due to back issues. I know plenty of people who stay at places like ABC, Manchebo, etc. who go to Screaming Eagle and Chalet Swiss and would like to walk rather than drive or take a taxi. I think the sidewalks will be good for the restaurants and for walkers/runners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I love the walk/jog from Amsterdam Manor to the Phoenix the way it is now (or actually the way it was before they cleared out alot of the greenery next to the water). The dirt path along the road is great and it's natural without the concrete of a large city. We live in a city so am used to walking everywhere but I love our parks/trails within the city the best that are full of nature. Aruba is going to look like South Beach soon which we already go to a regular basis - except South Beach is a shorter flight. LOL! What's the song...."they paved paradise and put up a parking lot....."(happening now in Aruba - it's a shame.)
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate the idea of losing the very pretty and plant filled median along that route.
    The hate eases though with the thought of a nice walkway, safe from vehicles and consistently even without going from concrete to dirt to gravel.
    When we are staying at LaCabana, we sometimes walk early morning from LaCabana to the Costa Linda or Alhambra area.

IMO the bad part of this, is losing the attractive median with the plants and the inconvenience of road being torn up/detours etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this on FB this morning. It looks like they will be shutting down Irausquin from Oceania to the Blue headed north starting this week until the first week in April to put in another roundabout where the street by SuperFoods comes into Irausquin. irausquin blvd road construction. (thanks rona !)-52323687_2328294777390023_5251761884993945600_n-jpg

1 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    much appreciated Robin!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll let you know what happens later in the week.

I just got back from the Tam getting my hair done and there was a Kia SUV flipped onto it's roof in the median just our side of Costa Linda. I have no idea how they managed to do that. Makes me wonder when things are just the two lanes together what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    much appreciated Robin!!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from the Tam getting my hair done and there was a Kia SUV flipped onto it's roof in the median just our side of Costa Linda. I have no idea how they managed to do that. Makes me wonder when things are just the two lanes together what will happen.
    Did the Kia have "V" plates?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it did Walt. It looked like a newer Kia, too. I hope the visitor had insurance.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they went flying over one of the speed bumps
    0 0