This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: irausquin blvd road construction. (thanks rona !)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Did the Kia have "V" plates?
    While this will still be the norm for Visitor plates, we had a rental car over Dec/January and it did NOT have a 'V" plate. First time that ever happened.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Same with us. Only it was in Nov/Dec last year.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We seem to see an accident at the intersection by Alhambra every trip lately.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I'll let you know what happens later in the week.

I just got back from the Tam getting my hair done and there was a Kia SUV flipped onto it's roof in the median just our side of Costa Linda. I have no idea how they managed to do that. Makes me wonder when things are just the two lanes together what will happen.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    a couple years ago we had a non V car rental from tropic.
    he rented us his personal car as the car we were supposed to have gotten was in the body shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    While this will still be the norm for Visitor plates, we had a rental car over Dec/January and it did NOT have a 'V" plate. First time that ever happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to SuperFoods at 10:00. I was able to drive as far as Amsterdam Manor then had to go around the back to get to the road. We saw orange barriers near the other intersections but they we off to the side. I went on the balcony around 12:15 and noticed there was a lot of traffic and DePalm and Arubus were turning up our side street. Cars were slowing in Irausquin for the turn around (I can’t see the turn around from our unit) and then I was them headed back toward town. A few minutes later they come back north and head up the side street to Smith. I’m poolside now and checked it out. They have orange barricades at the end of the speed bump in front of phase 2 of Oceania which is right past the turnaround. I think it is supposed to be like this until April 8.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Thursday was interesting. At one point a DePalm bus got almost to the turn around and realized it couldn't get through and make the long line of vehicles behind him either turn or back up. There were a lot of honking horns.

Thursday night they reopened Irausquin and it was open all weekend. Today, we headed toward the high rise area and it is open to the end of Amsterdam Manor. They made a dirt cut through across the median. You can cut through at this point to turn around and head south again(if you wanted to go to the beach or Passions, etc. or you can turn right and head toward the high rise area. So yes, traffic in both directions is now on the beach side of the road from the end of Amsterdam Manor to just past the Blue(they have a sign where you can turnaround for the Blue and Azure. It appears that they paved the road in front of both, but since I was driving I could not tell how far south they paved. The intersection that takes you to SuperFoods is closed. All the orange barriers are still placed when they can easily move them back to block off the road if necessary.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by robin; 04-19-2019 at 04:55 PM.

1 0