This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is that a jet-house in Aruba?

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a jet-house in Aruba?

We just returned from a beautiful stay in Aruba and have a question that I think my only chance of finding the answer to is to ask this wonderful forum group.

We have a tradition of climbing Hooiberg. When we were at the top, looking towards the water park nearby, we saw a full size commercial plane in great condition that appeared to be sitting in a neighborhood. It looked like the wings have been removed. We are wondering if this is someone's home or if there is another story to this interesting sight.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. We really hope someone here knows what we are referring to and can tell us the story.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not now the history or story behind this but have seen this house with the plane a couple of times. Each time we went on the TrikesAruba tour we went by this, I believe I have a picture of it somewhere. Pretty cool to say the least. I am interested as you are to hear the story if anyone knows the reason why.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you are talking about. I spoke to someone who lives not far from there(I took a class out that way last winter). The person bought the plane and wants to turn it into a restaurant. I did drive in the neighborhood and he has built steps up to it and what looks like a deck/platform.Here are some pictures I took from my car. Is that a jet-house in Aruba?-img_1053-jpgIs that a jet-house in Aruba?-img_1052-jpg

2 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pictures Robin, I still think this is so cool especially the first time you drive by and do the doubletake, did I really just see that?

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the photos Robin. And the info. The plane is definitely eye-catching. I wish the entrepreneur behind this plan much positive energy. We'd be very excited to eat there once it's up and running. Best regards.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It's definitely an attention grabber. What is the TrikesAruba tour? Would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I do not now the history or story behind this but have seen this house with the plane a couple of times. Each time we went on the TrikesAruba tour we went by this, I believe I have a picture of it somewhere. Pretty cool to say the least. I am interested as you are to hear the story if anyone knows the reason why.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://trikes-aruba.com
    here is the trikes tour link

we have seen that plane sitting there.......a slow demolition by neglect
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TraciFromWisconsin View Post
    It's definitely an attention grabber. What is the TrikesAruba tour? Would you recommend?
    Highly recommend the Trikes Aruba tour. We had a blast!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the plan was/is to start a restaurant there. But.... the plane is there for at least three or four years now. I don’t seethe restaurant happening to be honest.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing happens fast in Aruba.

0 0