This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Lighthouse

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Lighthouse

The lighthouse looks so nice. Its freshly painted and there is a blue cap on it. We were in the water at Arashi and it looks so majestic from the water. That would make a great photo to frame without the restaurant, lol.

Oh, get this. The other night at the Hyatt some lady playing the slot machine next to me won $37,800. Yes, you read that correctly. She was a local. It was one of the Chinese slot machines. And it was a penny machine. Anyway, Aruba is still wonderful, went to Pizza n More last night. Its weird though, not that crowded on the island. I know it's the low season but we aren't the only ones who noticed, restaurants not crowded at all.

Ok, well back to my morning coffee.

Can't wait to see it! Can you share a picture?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    the lighthouse really does look magnificent!

$37K on a slot

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    The lighthouse looks so nice. Its freshly painted and there is a blue cap on it. We were in the water at Arashi and it looks so majestic from the water. That would make a great photo to frame without the restaurant, lol.

Oh, get this. The other night at the Hyatt some lady playing the slot machine next to me won $37,800. Yes, you read that correctly. She was a local. It was one of the Chinese slot machines. And it was a penny machine. Anyway, Aruba is still wonderful, went to Pizza n More last night. Its weird though, not that crowded on the island. I know it's the low season but we aren't the only ones who noticed, restaurants not crowded at all.

Ok, well back to my morning coffee.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Sorry Jacki, we don't have smartphones to bring to the beach but it really is beautiful, especially from the water. They did a great job restoring it

Andrea, at first I thought it was $3780 but when I saw the security guards there and looked again, it read $37,800. They had to do the video to make sure it was legit. Oh, and the night before another woman at the Hyatt won $8,800. Butt the woman who won the 37,800 was betting the max which was $8.80 a shot. I would have a nervous breakdown betting that much on a slot. Roulette is different but that much goes fast when you are hitting the respin button. Hey, good for her. She was an older woman with a walker. She probably could use. Merry Christmas to her. And one of the roulette dealers (my favorite sweetheart there), told me she is a sweet woman.

We are going to try to take a photo with our iPads tomorrow but I have no idea how to post it but we'll take it one step at a time, lol.

Aruba since 1979
    if you want send it to me
    andreadoucettejames@msn.com and i will post on your behalf
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    We are going to try to take a photo with our iPads tomorrow but I have no idea how to post it but we'll take it one step at a time, lol.

Thanks Andrea, I will.

Ok, is there a zoom button on the iPad? Cause I took a photo and its hard to see the real beauty of it

You zoom with your fingers before taking the pic
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ