This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March 2020 trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    ........and with first class.... you're off the plane quicker and outta the terminal quicker and checked into your lodging quicker and on the beach quicker and have that first cocktail in hand quicker....... love it!
    HAHAHA! Yep!! Once we started realizing that last night, we realized we would be fools not to do this!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    I have watched so many of you talk about flying first class that we decided, "why not!?" and try it out. The first leg of our flight (Columbus to Charlotte) is a short one, but we even did first class for that one. Heh. The flight from Charlotte to AUA was a smidge on the rough side last time since it was a completely full plane, so getting comfier seats was definitely on our list for this next round.
    We book first class on all of our flights, even the short ones. Although it's still a while away, don't forget to pick seats on the left side of the plane (seats A and B) for the best view of the island when you are arriving. Enter your flight info on seatguru.com to see the best seats for you, then select them on AA.com. We prefer seats other than first row for storage. Also, you can pre-select your meal 30 days in advance. Can't wait to hear about your flight and time on the island!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We book first class on all of our flights, even the short ones. Although it's still a while away, don't forget to pick seats on the left side of the plane (seats A and B) for the best view of the island when you are arriving. Enter your flight info on seatguru.com to see the best seats for you, then select them on AA.com. We prefer seats other than first row for storage. Also, you can pre-select your meal 30 days in advance. Can't wait to hear about your flight and time on the island!

Oooh! Good call on the left side! I never even thought of that! I will have to see if maybe we can switch our seats to the other side, because I am fairly certain I chose the right side. Was not even thinking. See? THIS is why these forums are so great!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked and somehow, I managed to choose the left side of the plane for the leg from Charlotte to Aruba. Phew!!

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We always book left side. Remember it by thinking of A, B, C islands.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We always book left side. Remember it by thinking of A, B, C islands.
    I love that!! I will definitely remember that now!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We did March 23-30 last year and booked our March 2020 AirBnB before we even left the airport we liked it so much!! We decided to finally pull the trigger on the tickets last night as I have been watching prices and they are lower than when we had gotten them for our first trip. Of course, we went for first class this time, so I guess that part is moot. LOL.

This trip is going to be our "fact finding mission" to see what all is involved in buying a place in 5 to 10 years. We have a lot of research to do and a lot of saving to do, but if we have some information, we can at least start setting our goals and sights on owning something in Aruba someday!
    We bought about 3 years ago. Let me know if you have any questions. We will be there when you are so if you need anything, just ask.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Phansay indeed! Looking forward to the next Aruba trip is a great feeling.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We bought about 3 years ago. Let me know if you have any questions. We will be there when you are so if you need anything, just ask.
    Thank you!!!! We just may take you up on that offer!!

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!!!! We just may take you up on that offer!!
    Gladly!

0 1