This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Mariner's beach in Savaneta

Post Thanks / Like

Mariner's beach in Savaneta

Anybody familiar with the Mariner's beach in Savaneta? I want to visit that neighborhood and want to know if the beach is a good place to be. Thank you
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That beach is near the oil storage facilities. Not sure if it's even Savaneta there or Cura Cabay already. It's allright, nothing special. If you want to explore beaches in the Savaneta area i'de suggest Mangel Halto and Cadushi Largo over Mariners.
    1 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    I had to look on a map as to the location.
    I agree with Arawak.........Mangel Halto is well worth a visit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    That beach is near the oil storage facilities. Not sure if it's even Savaneta there or Cura Cabay already. It's allright, nothing special. If you want to explore beaches in the Savaneta area i'de suggest Mangel Halto and Cadushi Largo over Mariners.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I agree Mango Halto is beautiful.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not familiar with the term "Mariners Beach" but I am familiar with the beach at Cura Cabai which is in the area down beyond Zeerovers and the Dutch Marine base/camp. The government did a renovation there on the fishing piers and then added a large beach with nice sand, palapas, bathrooms, and parking. While the beach area and renovation is nice, there is a strong smell of oil due to the close proximity to the oil storage facilities referenced above and the beach does not have a good swimming area. I visited once but have not had interest to return since. I agree with recommendations above that Mangel Halto is in the same general area on the island and is a much nicer beach to visit.
    Last edited by SkiChris; 01-19-2021 at 04:35 PM.
    1 0