This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosquitoes

Post Thanks / Like

Mosquitoes

Anyone have issues with mosquitoes and other unsavory biting beasts? We haven't noticed any and Pam is a magnet.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that is good to hear. Tracey mentioned there weren't any on her balcony.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    that's because they all drank so heavily from phrogg's Balashi-infused blood that they collapsed onto the highway and became road kill...problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Anyone have issues with mosquitoes and other unsavory biting beasts? We haven't noticed any and Pam is a magnet.
    0 4

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    They’ve been destroying me this entire trip. They’re out on the balcony here (it’s been raining most mornings before sunrise) but they are out in the evening too. They got me really bad while I was walking around the high rise area too (street side). Maybe its my blood type haha.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    that's because they all drank so heavily from phrogg's Balashi-infused blood that they collapsed onto the highway and became road kill...problem solved!
    Bahahaha! I would have taken that for the team for sure if it got rid of em all!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Wow what a fascinating article. Who would have known. I will have to rethink drinking beer when i go to Bavaria for dinner. My choice is to eat at outdoor establishments like The West Deck, Pinchos, Terrazza etc because of covid but now you have the mosquitos to deal with as well. SMH...Anyway thanks for sharing the article.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    For the balconies just buy a couple of mosquito repellent candles and light em up! And like the locals do, push over any standing buckets of water where mosquitoes breed. Remember that they travel very short distances(up to a few hundred meters), so if you general surroundings are taken care of, you are far less likely to have a big mosquito problem.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know. Ever since I was a kid, I always got bit a lot more than most of the people around me. I am not blood type O, I didn't drink beer and still don't, and while I am heavy now, I was skinny enough to climb through the bottom the dining room chairs that had two bars going across the bottom. I had read an article a while ago that said, it isn't how much you get bit, but rather how you body reacts to the bite. What I mean is, I can get bit and itch, get red and swell. Someone else could have the same bites and not have any reaction at all-no redness, no itching, no swelling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I don't know. Ever since I was a kid, I always got bit a lot more than most of the people around me. I am not blood type O, I didn't drink beer and still don't, and while I am heavy now, I was skinny enough to climb through the bottom the dining room chairs that had two bars going across the bottom. I had read an article a while ago that said, it isn't how much you get bit, but rather how you body reacts to the bite. What I mean is, I can get bit and itch, get red and swell. Someone else could have the same bites and not have any reaction at all-no redness, no itching, no swelling.
    Excellent point! It depends on how the body reacts to a foreign invader/substance and we are all different.
    0 0