This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mosquitos?

Aruba since 1979
    Segod............and i forgot to say.................WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Best Wishes.

Yes, shame on me. Best wishes Segod. Zika just concerns me very much. I apologize.

Thank you all for the responses, I did not want this post to turn into a Zika post that is why I specifically left it out of my original posting. I do appreciate everyone's concern but was looking more for people who have visited recently and their experiences with these pesky little bugs.

Aruba since 1979
    since you had mentioned "transmissions" in your first posting, i thought that you were talking about zika.
    sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Segod View Post
    Thank you all for the responses, I did not want this post to turn into a Zika post that is why I specifically left it out of my original posting. I do appreciate everyone's concern but was looking more for people who have visited recently and their experiences with these pesky little bugs.

When we were there in mid December there were definitely more bugs than usual. I noticed more flying gnat type things than anything. I don't specifically remember mosquitos, but I was armed with Off bug spray at all times on the beach because there were noticeably more flying insects than past visits.
    Always planning our next trip

You will tend to see more Mosquitoes during the rainy season due to puddles of stagnant water. During the dry season, not so much as you will not see as many puddles and stuff. Thankfully Aruba is not listed as an area where Zika has been detected in any great numbers. To be on the safe side bug repellent (and candles) such as Citronella works wonders.

My mistake Andrea J I did mention that.. .sorry about that

In January I got many bites one evening. Wore spray the rest of the time and was left alone. We travelled in January after all of the rain though. I had never gotten bitten in Aruba before. Dawn and dusk are worse. I find areas around mangroves not great either.

We have had some light rains since 3:00am this morning. On and off but very light and the humidity is quite high. I went outside for a couple of minutes and got 4 big mozzie bites. Can't have been out more than 2-3 minutes. The bugs love this weather. And, by the way, I had the grounds sprayed this past Tuesday.

This should tell you that Aruba does have mozzie she and other creepy crawlers...no seeums etc

Hi! I would not recommend Renaissance. Hotel lobby seemed to have a lot of mosquitos when I stayed last October.