This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New Aruba Countdown - Begin February 12, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they putting you up in a hotel or is it your choice? There is a Ruby Tuesday's between the Fairfield Inn and Hampton Inn. We've stayed at many of the hotels around the airport(mostly Marriott or Hilton brands), so if you need some info let me know. Philly is my home airport and we do an overnight before am flights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We're flying American to Aruba in November. I've been waiting daily for the musical flights to begin. We are on a flight to Charlotte that departs Aruba at 5:43 PM. I've never seen a flight leave at that time so I'm sure we will have our return flight changed soon, probably to the 4:40 PM flight. It's just how American works I guess.
    We are on that later flight through Charlotte too, but on a different day. I'm not thrilled with landing in DC close to midnight on a Sunday so I wouldn't be upset if that got bumped back an hour or so. I haven't connected in Charlotte on the way home from Aruba yet, this will be a first. Is it possible that it has to do with daylight savings time that you aren't used to seeing the later flight? Just a thought, since I know you usually travel in May.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We are on that later flight through Charlotte too, but on a different day. I'm not thrilled with landing in DC close to midnight on a Sunday so I wouldn't be upset if that got bumped back an hour or so. I haven't connected in Charlotte on the way home from Aruba yet, this will be a first. Is it possible that it has to do with daylight savings time that you aren't used to seeing the later flight? Just a thought, since I know you usually travel in May.
    Tracey, that's probably exactly the reason. You're a very smart lady!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Well, that was a little easier than I thought! I just got off the phone with American and they told me that all flights back to Dayton only have options for an overnight somewhere. Not sure why that is, but whatever. Now, instead of Aruba to Miami to Charlotte to Dayton, we have been booked Aruba to Philly to Dayton. However, we do have to overnight in Philly. I am ok with this because a) our flight out of Aruba is now at 3:40pm instead of 10:30am and 2) we only have one airport to worry about between Aruba and Dayton instead of two. Since we will be overnighting in Philly, maybe it is time to find a cheesesteak... I wish we did not have to overnight somewhere, but if it gets us our trip to Aruba with less airports, I am not gonna complain. Not taking any of this for granted! I also booked our Black Pearl/Blue Melody snorkel trip, so that makes this a little more real! Yay!!
    I recommend the Renaissance at the Philly airport, I stayed there after a red eye from London and it was pretty nice. Free shuttle service and very close to the airport. They had a good breakfast too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found out about flight changes on another site a while back;
    AA cancel my flight going to Aruba completed with an overnight lay over coming back
    We were never notified and wouldn't know if I didn't look up my flight infor.

I called AA and had to move changed my flight to fly out the day before a Monday vs Tuesday and leaving a day later Thursday vs Wednesday.
    I did email AA cooperate office letting them know my concerns and not be happy with changes and having to pay more
    money for my stays. and car rentals; and having to find out changes through FB. They did give us both a voucher for $100 for future flights.

On the bright side we are staying two extra days.
    I do check my flight daily to make sure their are no changes.
    Last edited by brady bear; 09-08-2020 at 09:43 PM.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    and we are at 10 pages, so this one is now closed and will start a new thread!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this might have been the longest it's ever taken to get to 10 pages.