This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aruba Countdown-Begin Oct. 29, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Awesome! Dates? I'm thinking a forum get together in May.
    A get together would be fun! We arrive on May 5th and head home on the 14th.

Post Thanks / Like
    One month!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all! I sadly got away from the forum for a while and now have a lot of reading to catch up on!! Me and the hubs are going for our second time in March again, so we are about 2.5 months out! Whee!! This time around, we are going to skip most of the touristy stuff and go for full on relaxation mode. Well, that, and sprinkle in some fact finding about what we would need to do to possibly buy a place there someday. No time like the present to start doing research!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Time to start turning our thoughts toward our annual return to Paradise. Very happy that after years of inviting our daughter to accept the invitation, she finally accepted. Daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter will be joining us during the second week. Happy times are coming.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    excellent!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    Time to start turning our thoughts toward our annual return to Paradise. Very happy that after years of inviting our daughter to accept the invitation, she finally accepted. Daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter will be joining us during the second week. Happy times are coming.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    . hmmm fact finding

check out Harbour House

QUOTE=phrogg108;354985]Hi all! I sadly got away from the forum for a while and now have a lot of reading to catch up on!! Me and the hubs are going for our second time in March again, so we are about 2.5 months out! Whee!! This time around, we are going to skip most of the touristy stuff and go for full on relaxation mode. Well, that, and sprinkle in some fact finding about what we would need to do to possibly buy a place there someday. No time like the present to start doing research! [/QUOTE]
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Andrea J.;354994] . hmmm fact finding

check out Harbour House

Ooh thanks!! I am definitely flying blind when it comes to figuring out where to start fact finding, so if anyone has suggestions, throw em at me!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Hi all! I sadly got away from the forum for a while and now have a lot of reading to catch up on!! Me and the hubs are going for our second time in March again, so we are about 2.5 months out! Whee!! This time around, we are going to skip most of the touristy stuff and go for full on relaxation mode. Well, that, and sprinkle in some fact finding about what we would need to do to possibly buy a place there someday. No time like the present to start doing research!
    What are you looking for? House, condo, location, size? We own a condo at Oceania and if I can help, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    What are you looking for? House, condo, location, size? We own a condo at Oceania and if I can help, let me know.
    We are not actually entirely sure yet. That is what we are hoping to start to nail down on our next trip. My initial reaction is: house, more inland (we stayed and will be staying in an AirBnB in Noord and really like the area), 2-3 bedrooms, but won't rule out a condo as where we stayed in Noord, a brand new condo building was being built when we were there last March. I am guessing it will be close to done by the time we go this March. I am not sure if a house is really in the cards for us, but if we did get one, we would rent it out, need a property management company, etc. I have a feeling that might be easier with a condo in a building of other condos, so maybe we ought to rethink our strategy for the start. I read through a lot of the thread that you had posted back when you guys were looking to purchase back in 2016 and it gave me a lot of good info that I did not know before. Self financing, for example. Our hopes with this next trip are to figure out some of the higher level details like you asked about and then figure out how we can start planning to work towards that goal. I don't see us buying anything for another 5-10 years because I am not near enough to retirement yet, but getting an idea of what we want, how much it will be and what all the logistics are for that will at least give us a target and we can then set up our goals for savings and all that jazz. We, well, *I*, am trying to be as practical about this as I can so we know what we are getting ourselves into. It may turn out that we just won't be able to actually buy something and we will have to settle for long term renting someday, but that is what we just don't know yet.

I think from what I saw, you will be there when we will be there, so maybe we can meet up and pick your brain on some of this. We will be there from March 21-28th.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, just message me and we can get together.

Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    We are not actually entirely sure yet. That is what we are hoping to start to nail down on our next trip. My initial reaction is: house, more inland (we stayed and will be staying in an AirBnB in Noord and really like the area), 2-3 bedrooms, but won't rule out a condo as where we stayed in Noord, a brand new condo building was being built when we were there last March. I am guessing it will be close to done by the time we go this March. I am not sure if a house is really in the cards for us, but if we did get one, we would rent it out, need a property management company, etc. I have a feeling that might be easier with a condo in a building of other condos, so maybe we ought to rethink our strategy for the start. I read through a lot of the thread that you had posted back when you guys were looking to purchase back in 2016 and it gave me a lot of good info that I did not know before. Self financing, for example. Our hopes with this next trip are to figure out some of the higher level details like you asked about and then figure out how we can start planning to work towards that goal. I don't see us buying anything for another 5-10 years because I am not near enough to retirement yet, but getting an idea of what we want, how much it will be and what all the logistics are for that will at least give us a target and we can then set up our goals for savings and all that jazz. We, well, *I*, am trying to be as practical about this as I can so we know what we are getting ourselves into. It may turn out that we just won't be able to actually buy something and we will have to settle for long term renting someday, but that is what we just don't know yet.

I think from what I saw, you will be there when we will be there, so maybe we can meet up and pick your brain on some of this. We will be there from March 21-28th.