This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November trip

Post Thanks / Like

November trip

Got some good news today. We deposited our 2 bedroom unit at Surf Club with Interval to use in the future. We were thinking a really long trip (for us) next year.Well we got a call a few days ago that they had a 1 bedroom for 1 week at Ocean Club and we jumped on it and filled in with a stay at Holiday Inn. Today we got a call saying they had a 1 bedroom at Surf Club for the following week. So now we will be at Ocean Club 11/28-12/5, then Lazy River I mean Surf Club 12/5-12/12. I'll redeposit the 110K points and 2 free anniversary nights at Holiday Inn. Flights are set, seats selected and Hans has a car waiting for us. All we need is a negative covid test when the time comes and we'll be on our way in just 80 days. It's a happy day!

0 10

Post Thanks / Like
    Im glad it all worked out for you! The Ocean Club beachside restaurant was really good last year. We had lunch there a couple times and it seemed better than I remembered.
    0 2

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That’s awesome, Walt.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet. Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so awesome. Glad it is working out
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    WaltVB - Happy for you that it worked out! Not sure if you ever tried Waves for lunch in front of Marriott Resort. Great food and right on the ocean. Fingers crossed the covid issue will be under control by then and you can enjoy.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone!

We have not cancelled our yearly Thanksgiving week at the Surf Club yet. I am soooo on the fence. We've been going since 2001. My MIL is scheduled to be there 11/11-11/28. We are there 11/21-11/28. Thoughts on if we should go or cancel??? ACK!!!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    It comes down to how comfortable you are with traveling. If you fear flying or being in a group of people, then maybe not. But I have traveled a bit during this pandemic and have found everything about it very safe. So it's up to you, but I don't see why you shouldn't go ahead and have a fun time in Aruba.

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s definitely about your comfort level as well as your current health status. For us it wasn’t worth the risk. We were scheduled for Thanksgiving week and cancelled. That said, my husband and I are both high risk and my husband has a compromised immune system so we needed to take that into consideration. The way the numbers are increasing in Aruba and the possibility of curfews etc are also a consideration

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    It’s definitely about your comfort level as well as your current health status. For us it wasn’t worth the risk. We were scheduled for Thanksgiving week and cancelled. That said, my husband and I are both high risk and my husband has a compromised immune system so we needed to take that into consideration. The way the numbers are increasing in Aruba and the possibility of curfews etc are also a consideration
    Totally agree. We were supposed to leave tomorrow and canceled due to spikes etc. So sad today but know it was the right decision. We will try for end of April.
    0 2