This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening News Essential Information Travel to Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Opening News Essential Information Travel to Aruba

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

PLEASE Read the info provided at the link
    Last Updated: Jun 11, 2020 12:00 PM AST
    Valid Through: Today

Essential, must read information for all travelers to Aruba

The following information reflects the most up-to-date information as it pertains to Aruba’s reopening protocols and procedures. Aruba’s health and safety protocols will be revisited and reevaluated on an ongoing basis. Based on the ever-changing situation, we recommend all visitors check Aruba.com frequently for any changes to dates, markets, required procedures and more. This information is subject to change at the discretion of the Government of Aruba.
    Reopening dates & permitted regions and countries
    As of June 10, 2020, the government of Aruba officially announced the country will reopen its borders and once again welcome inbound travel. The decision to reopen borders, which were closed due to COVID-19 restrictions in early-March, was made in conjunction with the Aruba Department of Public Health (DPH) and took into consideration the ongoing guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), The Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in the United States.
    The government of Aruba considered a range of factors in the reopening decision-making process, including:
    Local Containment: An aggressive response to identifying and managing potential cases of COVID-19 was impactful and reduced the effect on Aruba.
    Gradual Easing of On-Island Restrictions: As conditions improved, restrictions on the island have been carefully rolled back without significant concerns.
    Stringent Health Standards in Place: Stringent, new health and safety protocols, including the Aruba Health & Happiness Code, have been implemented island-wide, with a heavy emphasis on tourism and hospitality businesses to help ensure the well-being of Aruba’s visitors and local community
    Aruba’s diligent reopening will happen in phases, monitored closely by the Government of Aruba and the Department of Public Health, and the following are the most updated reopening dates by region and country:
    June 15, 2020 – Bonaire & Curacao
    July 1, 2020 - Canada
    July 1, 2020 - Europe
    July 1, 2020 - The Caribbean (Excluding the Dominican Republic & Haiti)
    July 10, 2020 – The United States of America
    Official opening dates for other markets, including South America and Central America, have yet to be determined.
    Mandatory procedures & requirements for entry
    To maintain the safety and well-being of visitors and locals, new requirements are in place for visitors to be permitted to enter Aruba. There are also government mandated procedures for visitors, while staying in Aruba. While full procedural details will be updated on a regular basis, the following are some of the most important.
    All visitors will be required to complete the online Embarkation/Disembarkation card process, and be approved, in order to be permitted entry to Aruba.
    The new ED card process will be available online as of June 25th, 2020 and the requirements of the ED card will include:

• The completion of the standard Embarkation/Disembarkation form details
    • A self-health declaration 72 hours prior to travel to Aruba. Visitors will receive an email reminder to complete the self-health declaration 72 hours prior to travel.
    • Acquiring mandatory Aruba COVID health insurance coverage
    • An optional upload of documentation indicating a negative PCR test results 72 hours prior to travel to Aruba
    • Important to note: The government of Aruba strongly encourages visitors to show documentation indicating a negative PCR test results prior to travel to Aruba.
    • If PCR test is not done prior to travel, traveler will have to pre-pay for a test that will be administered upon arrival at the Aruba Airport.
    • Upon successful completion of the ED card process, travelers will receive an email confirmation of approval for travel, that must be shown either digitally or in printed form, at check in.
    • Acknowledge and consent that upon arrival and during their stay in Aruba visitors shall cooperate with any type of COVID-19 health screening and testing as indicated by the public health authorities of Aruba, including isolation and/or quarantine.
    • Acknowledge and consent that in case the visitor undergoes diagnostic PCR testing, they shall await their PCR test results in isolation as instructed by the public health authorities.
    • Acknowledge and consent to follow any and all instructions imposed by the public health authorities of Aruba, this includes, but is not limited to, the instruction to be isolated or quarantined due to exposure to COVID-19

All visitors will be required to comply with arrival, screening and health procedures as mandated by the Aruba Airport Authority and the Government of Aruba.
    The mandatory requirements will include:

• All travelers wear a mask while in-flight to Aruba.
    • While masks will not be required in Aruba, we strongly encourage visitors to have their mask handy for situations where social distancing proves difficult.
    • All travelers not showing documentation indicating a negative PCR test result
    • prior to travel to Aruba as a part of the ED card process, will receive a mandatory
    • PCR test at the Airport when arriving in Aruba, at the visitor’s expense, followed by a mandatory 24-hour quarantine at the travelers’ accommodations while test results are assessed.
    • All travelers showing documentation indicating a negative COVID-19 test result as part of the ED card process, will receive a temperature check and health interview by a medical professional.
    • If the temperature check and health assessment are clear, no further testing or subsequent 24-hour quarantine is needed.

All visitors will be required to comply with the Government of Aruba procedures and protocols if showing symptoms and/or testing positive for COVID-19 while in Aruba.
    The mandatory requirements will include:
    Initial Step

• In the case of a guest contacting the hotel in light of symptoms linked to COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties), the hotel staff will direct the guest immediately to their room and the respective hotel representative will contact the Call Center at 280-0101 or one of the private clinics and connect the call to their room.
    • Over the phone, a triage questionnaire will be conducted by a medical practitioner.

For guests that do NOT MEET criteria for testing:

• The medical practitioner will advise on next steps.
    • The hotel will follow up by calling the room and confirming the status.

For guests that MEET criteria for testing:

If the guest does meet the criteria:

• Call Center
      1. If Call Center has been called, the medical practitioner will inform the guest and the host hotel of suspected case.
      2. If one of the private clinics has been called, the doctor will inform the guest, the host hotel and the Call Center.

• A date and time will be appointed, by the call center, for testing at the diagnostic center.
    • Following all procedures as stipulated by the host hotel, the guest will be transported by a designated transportation company for testing.
    • The guest is to follow all health and safety regulations during this process, and must pack and take all belongings with him/her.
    • The guest will be taken to a designated isolation location pending test result

As the guest is being tested, all travel companions will be advised to stay in quarantine at the host hotel pending test results.
    Test Results

Positive:

• The test results will be revealed by the Department of Public Health in 24-48 hours.
    • If the test is positive, the confirmed case will remain in isolation at one of the designated properties, until recovered.
    • Throughout the isolation process, medical follow up will be conducted.
    • Once the patient recovers and tests negative, he/she can resume vacation or depart the destination.

Negative:

• If test results are negative, the patient will go back to his/her host hotel, reunite with any travel companions who will be simultaneously released from quarantine, and can resume their vacation.

Quarantine: Travel Companions

• Travel companions will not accompany the guest to the Diagnostic Center or hospital.
    • Travel companion(s) of a suspected case will remain in quarantine at host hotel while test results are pending
    • Travel companion(s) of the confirmed case will need to pack their belongings as they would need to be relocated and placed in quarantine at one of the designated quarantine locations for 14 days. This period restarts each time a new case is discovered within the group
    • A person not showing symptoms can either stay in quarantine in Aruba at one of the designated quarantine locations or choose to depart the island.
    • In case a travel companion(s) develops COVID-19 related symptoms while in quarantine, the new suspected case will be transferred to the Diagnostic Center to get tested and then be isolated at an assigned location pending test results

Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-11-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    2 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, does that say we HAVE to buy their insurance at $15 per day? Cause if it does, we have to cancel. We go for 5 weeks. it would cost us over $1000 for insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    All of this is pretty straight forward. Not sure why some would think it's a hassle. I assume the designated quarantine location will not be published, just like information and whereabouts about local covid 19 patients weren't announced. As for the testing and only having 72 hours, it's not mandatory. If you can't get a result at home, you'll go through a test on the island itself. As for the people that usually stay for a longer period and are worried about the 15$/day, I'm sure this will also be ironed out. It's a new insurance after all that they had to make from scratch to make sure Aruba nor the traveler will be left with a huge medical and accommodation bill. From other countries we can see quarantine costs at designated facilities costing hundreds a day. Which to be clear, even at 100$, 14 days quarantine/isolation would cost minimum 1400$.
    Last edited by Arawak; 06-11-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    2 2

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    All of this is pretty straight forward. Not sure why some would think it's a hassle. I assume the designated quarantine location will not be published, just like information and whereabouts about local covid 19 patients weren't announced. As for the testing and only having 72 hours, it's not mandatory. If you can't get a result at home, you'll go through a test on the island itself. As for the people that usually stay for a longer period and are worried about the 15$/day, I'm sure this will also be ironed out. It's a new insurance after all that they had to make from scratch to make sure Aruba nor the traveler will be left with a huge medical and accommodation bill. From other countries we can see quarantine costs at designated facilities costing hundreds a day. Which to be clear, even at 100$, 14 days quarantine/isolation would cost minimum 1400$.

I have no problem getting travel insurance even though my insurance carrier told me they would cover it. but I would purchase, I believe Allianz & GeoBlue covers it and that would be at a tremendously lower amount than aruba is requiring. we can't do that. that would be over $1100 for two people. And assuming because of the test we don't have the covid. And also, if everyone paid it, not everyone would get it, that is what insurance is about, they would have money to cover. perhaps you have alot of money but we rent an apt so we can afford to stay longer but at those rates, we might as well stay at the ritz. we will wait another month or two, see if Aruba irons out this insurance thing by requesting you show proof of being covered from an insurance carrier of your choice. but if not, I guess we are out.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I'm sorry, does that say we HAVE to buy their insurance at $15 per day? Cause if it does, we have to cancel. We go for 5 weeks. it would cost us over $1000 for insurance
    I agree that if we have our own insurance that covers us, why do we need to pay $15/day per person. I also will be going for a month and I think it’s crazy. My Health insurance covers me out Of country. Pay upfront and the get reimbursed, as done in the past.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night the minister of tourism said the entire reason why the covid insurance was created was because it was known that companies did not cover pandemics. It was all over the (international) news at the start of the pandemic. I would seriously read the fine print if your insurer tells you it covers covid-19(medical costs + quarantine/accommodation). If it does turn out later that companies are now willing to cover covid-19, then I would believe Aruba would drop the local insurance requirement and give you a choice between your insurance or the local one. That's a best guess on my part though. If I hear more about this specifically I'll share on here if no one beats me to it.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night the minister of tourism said the entire reason why the covid insurance was created was because it was known that companies did not cover pandemics. It was all over the (international) news at the start of the pandemic. I would seriously read the fine print if your insurer tells you it covers covid-19(medical costs + quarantine/accommodation). If it does turn out later that companies are now willing to cover covid-19, then I would believe Aruba would drop the local insurance requirement and give you a choice between your insurance or the local one. That's a best guess on my part though. If I hear more about this specifically I'll share on here if no one beats me to it.
    I will call my insurance company and see what they say. Thanks for the info
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually called my insurance company today. I told them we were going to Aruba, etc. They said the only thing they would require is A, the treatment was in english and the amount was in us dollars. And if the dr in Aruba felt it was necessary for me to be airlifted out to the US, they would cover it but only if the dr said it was necessary, not because I want to go to the American Hospital. Which of course would be logical. Also, someone called Allianz Global and they changed their policy and will cover Covid. I have no problem purchasing insurance if necessary even though I don't need it but I can get a much cheaper policy. Also, we rent a house so no one would have to put us up in a hotel to be quarantined. Someone else on one of the sites owns a house and was furious they would have to pay to live in their own house. I just think they have to be fair with the extra expenses. If we can prove we have it, great. But if not, then too bad for us, we buy theirs. I think that is a compromise.

Post Thanks / Like
    My understanding by reading this release we need Covid insurance through Aruban insurance company? Or do our own research back home.
    0 0