This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Packing - Rolling? Stacking? Cubes? Compression?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    the packing cubes wouldn't work for me. I think they actually take up more room but I can see how they are great for organizing and for what Tracey said about staying one place and then moving. If i go back to Italy and stay in a few places, they would probably be a terrific idea. but for us, the space travel bags can not be beat because we still have room for the extras that don't go in a bag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Over the years, we have evolved from stacking to compressing to rolling and we are now using packing cubes and I find that this works best for us.
    What works best for you?

The first packing cubes that we got were a gift from HAL cruise line and that got us hooked.
    These are the cubes that we use. https://www.amazon.com/Veken-Packing...90&sr=8-4&th=1
    I purchased some packing cubes for our last trip and I love them. I can’t believe I waited this long to get them.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    me too.
    I ordered a 2nd set so I can pack my crocheting and some of my card making stuff when I travel.
    I try to be organized and the cubes help...........Pjs, undies, sox in one cube; tanks/tees in another; shorts/capris in another; it really helps being organized and when tsa rifles thru my bag (and they always do) the mess they make is inconsequential.
    Yes, that's how I do it as well. So much easier to find what I want and get to the beach faster! I open up the cubes and place them in the dresser drawer so I can "grab and go" (I like to "move in"). I find if you fold clothes you want to hang up very neatly and really fill up the cube, they aren't wrinkled when I unpack them (I don't want to iron on vacation any more than I want to cook!). I also take along an extra one for the dirty clothes. Then I can just unpack and put away anything I didn't use when I get home and dump that one right in the laundry basket! I was completely unpacked within an hour of getting home last trip. And I just leave my toiletries bag packed all the time and replenish what is needed before a trip.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My hero! You get all that in a carry on?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Well, I go for 5 weeks and we bring carry on. Even when I traveled Europe I did only carry on. I evolved in my packing. First, always, always, always use travel space bags (get them at Harmon). I have now tried rolling the clothes but still putting in the bags and then compressing the air out of them. We use two large and one medium for the both of us. I wear my maxi skirt since that takes up the most room. I pack for me 10 tops, leggings, another maxi skirt, khaki shorts & denim shorts, pajamas, undies, 5 bathing suits, beach cover up. My husband has 4 pairs of shorts, 5 shirts, jammies, undies, 5 swim trunks. I get all that in 2 large and one medium compression zip up bag. I also bring 4 pairs of shoes in addition to the ones I am wearing, hubby 2 pairs.

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, two carry ons, my husband and mine but yes, I get all that in there and still have room to shop. I am a very good packer, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    We are headed to Grand Cayman in 3 weeks; SHHHHHHHH, don't tell Aruba.

Our trip is a 12 days trip. My plan of action is to pack for 6 days. I have both cubes and compression bags. I'm about to start the "pre" packing and I will try both. However, I'm thinking that the compression bags allow for more space and I'd be able to pack more. Then I'd have to worry about the weight limit.

Or, do people use compression bags so they can use smaller suitcases??????

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I use 2 large compression bags and one medium for both of us. if you roll the clothes, then put them in the compression bags and then of course roll that to get the air out, its amazing what you can fit. You saw my list above

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are nice Andrea. I got some free from AARP (free every year when I renew my membership ) they are smaller and thinner but they do keep things very organized. Usually roll and pack. I put the small cooler with the food inside the large checked bagged and pack around it and bring 1-2 carry ons and 2 under the seat. I may try to cut back this year!
    0 1