This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Passport Dilemma

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracey, I've never had a gate agent check the date on my passport. You should call and speak directly to someone at American and explain the issue. In light of recent events, I'm sure they will allow you to board.

Gaby, you can renew your Global Entry up to a year in advance, so that should allow you plenty of time if renewing. New applications will be delayed due to the in person interview.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Tracey, I've never had a gate agent check the date on my passport. You should call and speak directly to someone at American and explain the issue. In light of recent events, I'm sure they will allow you to board.

Gaby, you can renew your Global Entry up to a year in advance, so that should allow you plenty of time if renewing. New applications will be delayed due to the in person interview.
    I decided to send an email so I would have a response in writing. I'm thinking by July/August processing will resume and we can expedite or go to the DC office if we really need to. I've decided not to worry too much about it, cant change it, so we will just have to wait and see.
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gaby, you can renew your Global Entry up to a year in advance, so that should allow you plenty of time if renewing. New applications will be delayed due to the in person interview.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Walt. As a matter of fact, I was going to renew at the end of july when I could, for the year in advance so I am good no matter what but I wasn't sure if they were not even allowing it. I will wait to like Aug/Sept, renew. I am still good til next July and then they automatically give you time after that. My husband did his in January. We renewed on Saturday and the next day he got the renewal, lol. and the next week he got his new card.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the email response from AA. Looks like they will be taking a look if passport processing does not resume as normal. Sp basically, wait till August. The response gave me more confidence that this will probably not give us a problem.

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations.

Based on official immigration guidelines which govern documentation necessary for travel, all customers must meet certain entry requirements. According to the documentation database, you must present a valid passport at the airport check in. As you mention in your message, Aruba does not have a 6 month passport validity rule. If there is no problem solved within 3 months before your departure due official offices are still closed, please give us a call to Reservations department at 1-800-433-7300. A travel alert might be set on place for our passengers if by August, 2020 if U.S. passport operations are still limited.

Be sure to check out the travel alerts page on AA.com or the American Airlines Newsroom for updates.

Thank you again for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Passport Agency update 6/2/2020

Lots if information on the phased approach for resuming operations.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-covid-19.html
    2 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracey I renewed our passports at the post office and paid the few dollars more
    for certified return. (just a thought)
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our passport renewals went in today.
    Our local postmistress told us that she and her husband sent theirs (renewal) in on Mach 17 and got back on June 19.
    She was shocked.
    I am going we get them back by mid October or earlier.
    We just ordered the booklet, not the card too.
    0 0