This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Passports..............Expired or Expiring

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Passports..............Expired or Expiring

Over the last few weeks/months, I have read of a few folks having to cancel their Aruba trip due to USA passport expiring.

Please, check your passports and make sure that your's has not expired.

Quite possibly, we as tourists planning an Aruba trip, have been so consumed with Covid information and protocols, that passport renewals have fallen by the wayside.

Please, take a few minutes.....check your passport!!

Some also think that if your USA passport is within 6 months of expiring, then travel to Aruba will be impacted.
    Aruba is one of those countries that does allow tourists to visit with USA passports that are close to, but not expired.

Remember, please allow 3+ months for passport renewal or new passport.
    Paying the extra fee for expediting might be a good idea.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...assports.html/

https://www.us-passport-service-guid...-passport.html
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-05-2021 at 08:28 AM.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Global Entry too. Pam's expired while we were in Aruba. She had to stand in the long line when we were leaving.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great reminder on the passport expiration date! I did check mine a few weeks ago.
    I wish we had global entry. I should look into whether they are allowing new applicants at this time. Had heard months ago they were not. Also not sure how long it takes to receive.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ours expire in Jan, but we have a trip planned out of the for Oct. We sent our passports in for renewal 5 weeks ago via priority mail. They are supposed to be in the system in 4 weeks. Ours are not in the system yet. I called yesterday and they said they are very, very busy and to check again in a week. So far the checks have not been cashed either, but we do have confirmation that the package was delivered on May 1. So, if you need to renew, the actual time frame may be longer than expected to get your passport.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Ours expire in Jan, but we have a trip planned out of the for Oct. We sent our passports in for renewal 5 weeks ago via priority mail. They are supposed to be in the system in 4 weeks. Ours are not in the system yet. I called yesterday and they said they are very, very busy and to check again in a week. So far the checks have not been cashed either, but we do have confirmation that the package was delivered on May 1. So, if you need to renew, the actual time frame may be longer than expected to get your passport.
    Thanks Robin - luckily we are good for awhile. Everything has been slow due to COVID. Hope you get your passports soon.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our passports expire in December. It was my original intention to send them in in Sept, but we have planned an Aruba trip for late Sept. Now the plan is to send them in for renewal as soon as we get home. Next trip is late February. Is 4 1/2 months enough time?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rern73 View Post
    Our passports expire in December. It was my original intention to send them in in Sept, but we have planned an Aruba trip for late Sept. Now the plan is to send them in for renewal as soon as we get home. Next trip is late February. Is 4 1/2 months enough time?

It should be, but you might want to pay for expedited service. More people are traveling and they are getting busy.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We sent our passports in for renewal 5 weeks ago via priority mail. They are supposed to be in the system in 4 weeks. Ours are not in the system yet. I called yesterday and they said they are very, very busy and to check again in a week. So far the checks have not been cashed either, but we do have confirmation that the package was delivered on May 1. So, if you need to renew, the actual time frame may be longer than expected to get your passport.
    I'll second that. In our situation, we are getting initial passports for both kids so we had to go in person (and went to post office to do it in April). We're now at 6 weeks and the checks have not been cashed and the online tracker still says not available for either of them. We leave in 6 weeks, so not too happy about the passport situation. We did pay to expedite return shipping so that should save a week or so, but we didn't expedite processing since we had 3 months.

Just out of curiosity, what phone number did you call that you actually got to talk to somebody? The number I'm calling isn't getting me to any human to speak to (just automated prompts and then busy signal)?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Re: your passports

You may want to shoot your US Corgressman/woman an email and ask for their intervention.
    We did, forum member Traceyd14 did too and our US Rep's office staff made magic happen FAST.

Quote Originally Posted by sarmat1 View Post
    I'll second that. In our situation, we are getting initial passports for both kids so we had to go in person (and went to post office to do it in April). We're now at 6 weeks and the checks have not been cashed and the online tracker still says not available for either of them. We leave in 6 weeks, so not too happy about the passport situation. We did pay to expedite return shipping so that should save a week or so, but we didn't expedite processing since we had 3 months.

Just out of curiosity, what phone number did you call that you actually got to talk to somebody? The number I'm calling isn't getting me to any human to speak to (just automated prompts and then busy signal)?
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmat1 View Post

I think you are calling the same number I was calling. It took several attempts over a few days before I did not get the busy signal.

0 0