This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pool/Beach shade, table, lounges Etiquette

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    they checked out yesterday.
    it was at the resort's pool.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Thankfully we've never experienced that kind of behavior, but if you want to provide the resort and table number, I wouldn't be opposed to venturing over there and experience it first hand

So glad we move around with our own beach chairs...
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When I stood at the Divi Phoenix Dec 2018, I witnessed a lot of Palapa Hoggers. I mean some people secured palapas at 7am and did not come down until 11am. 12pm, 1pm. However, after the weekend, Management started coming around with a PAD writing down the palapa numbers and the guest name that were present at their palapa. There were quite a few without the guest present and not even chairs because they were chained up when the guest secured their palapa. 2 hours later they started removing items off of some palapas for other guest.

Along comes a couple around 11am and gets a really nice Palapa in the front. After they got comfortable, the palapa hogger showed up. They started harassing the couple asking them where is their stuff, how dare they steal their palapa etc. They were very confused and told them they had no idea what they were talking about because the palapa was empty so they took it and ask for chairs. They kept harassing these poor folks who were getting really nervous. Everybody was just watching. I hate to get involved but I had to do something. Big ACE got up came towards them and interrupted them. I plainly told the couple that Management did inventory at 7am and they were not there. They came at 9am and they were not there. Around 11am they removed the items and this nice couple lucked out to secure an empty palapa. So then they asked me what happened to our stuff where is it? I said, you see the towel guy in the back? Talk to him and he will contact the Manager who removed your items and/or he might be holding the items. They left and the couple at the palapa thanked me and said they were starting to get anxiety until I came over. For the rest of the week the palapa hoggers kept bumping into me, smiling and saying they now secure their palapa and come back within an hour or after breakfast after what I told them that Management was writing down who was there or not. I saw them a few times when Managing was logging the palapas.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I sadly deal with ignorant people daily at work....rude kids and even worse parents so I know where they get the rudeness from. There is almost nothing someone can say that I have not heard over the last 15 years in a public school system BUT I have to take it at work I don't have to put up with it elsewhere. Let me just say they would not have liked my response much at all and there is zero chance I would have taken there crap for the day either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've gotten myself in trouble because of a parent or two for refusing to take their crap. Most of them just realized tI wasn't afraid of them and backed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I sadly deal with ignorant people daily at work....rude kids and even worse parents so I know where they get the rudeness from. There is almost nothing someone can say that I have not heard over the last 15 years in a public school system BUT I have to take it at work I don't have to put up with it elsewhere. Let me just say they would not have liked my response much at all and there is zero chance I would have taken there crap for the day either.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the purpose of going on vacation was to get away from all the things and people that cause stress, and have the chance to relax and enjoy one's self. The "Table/Palapa Hoggers" sound worse that spoiled children. Thankfully I have never come in contact with any of them. I get it that people will have their customs and traditions when visiting Aruba, but to make a huge deal over a table or a palapa?? Really?? Those people need to grow up some more.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    A thought just came to me. Do visitors like Table Man, the Palapa Hoggers, and the "This Is My Favorite Beach/Pool Chair" folk have children or young people with them when they act that way? Talk about a great example in "Adult Behavior" and reasonable conflict resolution.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh you bet they act that way in front of their kids, they say "here, hold my beer while I teach these folks a lesson."

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    And how about those people who hold a table under umbrella at pool and a papala at beach and are at neither for hours! Just show up, like the King has arrived. The guy must need a wheel barrow to carry his beach balls to the beach!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahahaha
    "beach balls"
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    And how about those people who hold a table under umbrella at pool and a papala at beach and are at neither for hours! Just show up, like the King has arrived. The guy must need a wheel barrow to carry his beach balls to the beach!
    Sean and Susan
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    "Beach Balls".......Had to try to hold in my laughter at my desk as I read that part. With Egos that big would they have to declare them at the airport?? Then again,how would they get on the aircraft??
    0 1