This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Redweek question

Post Thanks / Like

Redweek question

My question is related to the timeshare rental site Redweek. Normally when I rent a units I do a little research on my own to verify that the owner is legitimate. I am currently looking at a listing that is protected and verified by red week. Since it is a Marriott reservation it is not as easy as just calling the resort to verify. I am wondering for those who have rented using red week or have posted units for rent on red week how Confident are you in the red week protected and verified system? Should I do additional checking on my own? From what I am reading it looks like they take your payment and hold it and do not pay the owner in till 2 days after you check in so it seems fairly straightforward. I just want to know what others think.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tracey,
    Marriott timeshares are easy to verify on your own. You can ask the owner to provide you with their reservation number for their unit. You will also need their first and last name. Once you have that information, you can go to Marriott.com and look up the reservation number, just like it is a hotel reservation. Choose "Find and Reserve" from the main menu, from there select "Look Up reservation". On the next screen, you can enter the reservation number and first/last name and the website will display information associated with that reservation such as unit size, dates of reservation, and view type. If an owner is uncomfortable to share their reservation number with you directly when you haven't committed to rent yet, then you can request that they send you a screen shot of the Marriott website information with the reservation number and/or name redacted - as that way they can verify all the details of the reservation without revealing the reservation number.
    I haven't used the RedWeek verified system yet but my understanding is they will only verify weeks that are directly owned (they won't verify Interval trades). RedWeek charges owners a higher fee for "verified listings" on their website as it includes the service for their staff to verify the listing prior to displaying that verified label on the advertisement so I expect is a reliable service, otherwise, owners would not pay more money for the option.
    Last edited by SkiChris; 05-20-2019 at 06:36 AM.
    1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Chris. I have always verified using the confirmation number with Marriott, but I wasn't sure with the redweek verified if it would put the owner off and I really wanted this unit. The owner was very nice and understanding. I learned a lot today. When they do verified and protected, you pay Redweek and they hold the funds until 2 days after you check in. I ended up negotiating a little and agreed to pay the owner directly after I checked their confirmation and did a little internet snooping to make myself feel better

Sooooo...we have a trip and my countdown will be updated soon!

0 5

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hooray!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Thanks, Chris. I have always verified using the confirmation number with Marriott, but I wasn't sure with the redweek verified if it would put the owner off and I really wanted this unit. The owner was very nice and understanding. I learned a lot today. When they do verified and protected, you pay Redweek and they hold the funds until 2 days after you check in. I ended up negotiating a little and agreed to pay the owner directly after I checked their confirmation and did a little internet snooping to make myself feel better

Sooooo...we have a trip and my countdown will be updated soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by traceyd14 View Post
    thanks, chris. I have always verified using the confirmation number with marriott, but i wasn't sure with the redweek verified if it would put the owner off and i really wanted this unit. The owner was very nice and understanding. I learned a lot today. When they do verified and protected, you pay redweek and they hold the funds until 2 days after you check in. I ended up negotiating a little and agreed to pay the owner directly after i checked their confirmation and did a little internet snooping to make myself feel better :d

sooooo...we have a trip and my countdown will be updated soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    You are ready now! Fantastic
    0 0