This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Residents renting Timeshare units for their "Staycations"

Post Thanks / Like
    It's really sad that some people do not think "rules" should applied to them.
    Maybe implement fines for those who do not follow the protocols
    Possible all guest must be tested prior to check in; monitor that all
    guest are register as guest and not friends staying at the resorts.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I had multiple texts from the kids last night. One of the board members and a full time resident appeared to have a large outdoor party last night-DJ, lights, etc. No social distancing, no masks. The kids talked to security and called the police 2x but nothing was done-it was approved by the board or property manager. They were so very upset not about a party, but the fact they were not following any covid protocols. One guard told them it was a group of owners from Venezuelans who are doctors, but with the borders closed, I tend to think it was all local friends. I think the locals need the treat of shutting down the island with no financial aid to do what is necessary to prevent another surge.
    A portion of Rona's article today.

See you in two weeks, said one of my friends, an ICU nurse at HOH.
    The TDQ change on Wednesday and Covid fatigue, sent locals into the streets. It would have been OK for the restaurants in the tourist sector, but NOT island-wide, because as restrictions were eased, Aruba went ballistic. The bars were hopping, the Ponton rotunda overwhelmed.
    Why did you decide to make the change on Wednesday? Why not Monday, October 12th, at the end of Fall vacation. I fear we have to brace ourselves for the consequences. People had money, they had time, and they congregated by the boatload.
    Restaurants who follow protocols, at a huge added cost, were fined mercilessly for five minutes of TDQ violation, while the rest of the island went unpunished.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post

The TDQ change on Wednesday and Covid fatigue, sent locals into the streets. It would have been OK for the restaurants in the tourist sector, but NOT island-wide, because as restrictions were eased, Aruba went ballistic. The bars were hopping, the Ponton rotunda overwhelmed.
    Why did you decide to make the change on Wednesday? Why not Monday, October 12th, at the end of Fall vacation. I fear we have to brace ourselves for the consequences. People had money, they had time, and they congregated by the boatload.
    Restaurants who follow protocols, at a huge added cost, were fined mercilessly for five minutes of TDQ violation, while the rest of the island went unpunished.

This sucks! I’ve been monitoring the situation in Aruba and praying we could work in a trip in November/December. No way will they get back to CDC Level 1 with this complete disregard for the safety protocols.

..waaaayyyyy too long since last time in Aruba
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I didn't read it today. I'll share with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    This sucks! I’ve been monitoring the situation in Aruba and praying we could work in a trip in November/December. No way will they get back to CDC Level 1 with this complete disregard for the safety protocols.
    It sounds like an isolated event. The percentage of local's positive test has been slowly decreasing, along with the number of active cases. Only time will tell what the outcome will be from this type of activity.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will very interested in seeing the numbers this time next week.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I will very interested in seeing the numbers this time next week.
    Me too. Our trip is in 12 days, yet I find myself getting kind of anxious about it all. I wonder if that is because it got cancelled once and I am afraid it will again? I dunno. It is weird... Maybe in a week, I will be more excited than anxious about it. I definitely wanna go and unless they shut down the borders again, we WILL go. I guess we kinda have a slight advantage with an AirBnB, a rental car and picking and choosing where we go or do not go as opposed to being at a resort. We can socially distance easily and just hang at the AirBnB pool the whole week if we so chose.

Trying to convince myself that everything will be ok... LOL. Thanks for listening!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

Hubby's pictures from our Oct 2020 trip:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BH?usp=sharing

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My issue is we had to be tested to be here but the locals did not. The Surf Club is putting everyone at risk locals and guests
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand your frustrations about the whole mess of last week @ the Surf Club.
    The locals do not have to be tested as it is their country.
    They can choose to be tested.
    35000+ of Aruba residents have been tested.

We as outsiders are required to (as many have put it) jump through hoops.
    We the outsiders are required to follow every bit of the guidelines.
    I get it.

The Surf Club needs to be held accountable.
    Their management needs to address the situation of last week.
    Parents and kids need to understand the importance of being safe.

No one should think about denying folks in their own home country of enjoying one of the resorts if there is availability.
    Heck, Paul and I often take an overnight or 2 to AnnaMaria Island or Clearwater Beach.

Every person at every resort should be following the rules ...and if they don't, they should be shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by EDMLS1358 View Post
    My issue is we had to be tested to be here but the locals did not. The Surf Club is putting everyone at risk locals and guests
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I understand your frustrations about the whole mess of last week @ the Surf Club.
    The locals do not have to be tested as it is their country.
    They can choose to be tested.
    35000+ of Aruba residents have been tested.

We as outsiders are required to (as many have put it) jump through hoops.
    We the outsiders are required to follow every bit of the guidelines.
    I get it.

The Surf Club needs to be held accountable.
    Their management needs to address the situation of last week.
    Parents and kids need to understand the importance of being safe.

No one should think about denying folks in their own home country of enjoying one of the resorts if there is availability.
    Heck, Paul and I often take an overnight or 2 to AnnaMaria Island or Clearwater Beach.

Every person at every resort should be following the rules ...and if they don't, they should be shown the door.
    The difference here is that the Surf Club is not a hotel. It is owned by people who have shares in the property and these owners were not informed about what would be going on at their property. It would be like your neighbor having a party at your house while you were away.
    0 0