This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Responses to email from Aruba businesses

Post Thanks / Like

Responses to email from Aruba businesses

While I do understand businesses can be on Aruba time there are definitely times where I get annoyed when I don’t get a response in what I deem a reasonable time. My time frame is generally one week.
    Back in May I emailed 2 restaurants to inquire about white asparagus specials at restaurants that I knew offered them in the past. I never got a response and we did not dine at either as a result.
    Last week I emailed one of the resorts we will be staying at in November with a cabana question. It has not responded so I don’t expect we will reserve a cabana. It’s annoying!!
    I will say that both Manchebo and the Ritz have been very responsive to questions and i’m Starting to think that is just not normal.
    What has your experience been? Do you still spend your money at restaurants that ignore you?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had quick replies when it comes to booking questions for excursions or trips outside of the resort. Also always quick response from my taxi man as well. Divi resorts always seem to reply quickly as well. I have emailed the Renn in the past for my friends and have a bit of a wait for a response. I can see your frustration with restaurants not responding. IMO if a business has a website it should respond to inquiries and you would think they would not want to lose a potential customer (repeat or first time)

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree that Divi was always responsive. Renaissance is the one I am having issues with now. While they finally answered after my 2nd email, they didn’t answer my question so...the heck with the cabana. I would switch resorts but I know Tom wants to spend some time downtown

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Totally agree that Divi was always responsive. Renaissance is the one I am having issues with now. While they finally answered after my 2nd email, they didn’t answer my question so...the heck with the cabana. I would switch resorts but I know Tom wants to spend some time downtown
    I can give you my contacts there is you want to try them Peg, nothing to lose. It has been a couple of years hopefully they are still around.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I can give you my contacts there is you want to try them Peg, nothing to lose. It has been a couple of years hopefully they are still around.

Thanks Brenda, but guess I’m done. I did tweet the Renaissance about the lack of response but I’m someone that just says the heck with it and moves on.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is too bad Peg.

I have found that lots (not just Aruba businesses) respond to Facebook messenger better than email.

Personally, I find too, that I check my text messages and FB messages (messenger) more times per day than I do my regular email.
    (However I am not running a business)

Shame on the Renaissance though.........they need do a better job with their customers/guests.
    As of now 10 forum members have read this thread and as I type there are 362 folks on the forum as guests.
    Word spreads quickly, especially negativity.
    These businesses that choose not to reply to emails, deserve whatever outcome they are dealt.

And Peg, those 2 restaurants with the white asparagus specials in May/June that did not respond, that was just so ridiculous...... I hear ya!

Post Thanks / Like
    In this day of social media, these businesses that don't respond to questions or requests posted to their website, Facebook page or whatever must have so much business that they can't be bothered. Therefore they certainly don't need my business. If you are running a legitimate business, you should have a legitimate webpage and a person that monitors it. And if someone has a question about your business you should respond promptly and courteously, anything else is unacceptable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really just don’t get it. I feel I’m pretty reasonable expecting a response within a weeks time. The thing is, I’m also very quick to write a place off. Time to just move on.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    more than reasonable!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I really just don’t get it. I feel I’m pretty reasonable expecting a response within a weeks time. The thing is, I’m also very quick to write a place off. Time to just move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to have brought negativity to our One Happy Forum!

0 0