This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Responses to email from Aruba businesses

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't apologize Peg, it's a perfectly good topic to discuss. I, like you, have very little patience with businesses, and will move on without looking back and with no regrets.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Walt! I ended up tweeting them and got my answer.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Many business owners on the island, especially the ones above 50+ don't check Email day to day, some not even once a week. Some expect you to call if you need something, others have social media accounts where it's best to send questions there. In general, you can count on businesses here responding much faster to a instagram/facebook/twitter direct message than to Email.

Begs the question why they put the email up in the first place
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peg - just checked my email after work, believe it or not my contact from Renn responded today. Here is the info I received, although when I click on the link it does not work Sounds like you also may have received an answer.

The cabanas are so high in demand and availability is limited. Must be booked in advance.
    Now a days to purchase one of the cabanas on the private island is ONLY on-line. Pls. find below the website to get on and receive all information you may need.
    www.renarubacabanas.com

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post

The cabanas are so high in demand and availability is limited. Must be booked in advance.
    Now a days to purchase one of the cabanas on the private island is ONLY on-line. Pls. find below the website to get on and receive all information you may need.
    www.renarubacabanas.com

I love the online reservation system they have put in place! Thanks for sharing.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Hi Peg - just checked my email after work, believe it or not my contact from Renn responded today. Here is the info I received, although when I click on the link it does not work Sounds like you also may have received an answer.

www.renarubacabanas.com

Yes, they did finally respond. Thanks!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s funny when I got home yesterday I had another email from the navigator. She completely contradicted the info I had received from the other individual. I just responded with a thank you and sighed.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Would I go to someplace that ignored me? NOPE, and that is why I won't ever go to one of the "nicer/nicest" hotels on Eagle Beach nor will I go to their "excellent" restaurant. I show my displeasure with my visits or lack there of, lol. My second thought is if you are not going to respond to an email in a timely fashion don't even provide one - IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    You waited over week? You're very patient. I give a couple days and after that I'm mostly done. I've emailed 3 different types of businesses for our Feb. trip.
    -lodging; received a response in about a week, but it's a privately owned business and they explained they were on vacation. All follow up emails were timely.
    -rental car; received a response in a couple days; that's acceptable
    -snorkel; received a response and follow ups within a day

I've recently used hotels.com for the first time. I had questions and could not easily find an email to contact them. The website had a "chat" feature, but it failed miserably in my opinion. I found that they, like many websites use this "chat" feature, but I think they are simply pre-canned FAQ answers. I never did get a "live agent". After a bit of a search, I found a place on their website to send an email.

I've also had to email a large resort in Aruba. They were very slow in responding, but eventually did.

I haven't emailed any restaurants as we don't normally make reservations until we get to the island. My husband started using the OpenTable app when traveling for business and that's now how we make all reservations. I see many Aruba restaurants are on OpenTable. We've had great luck with using it.

I'll bet that many businesses may ignore emails as they probably spend a lot of time sorting through junk mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I really just don’t get it. I feel I’m pretty reasonable expecting a response within a weeks time. The thing is, I’m also very quick to write a place off. Time to just move on.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It took me many emails and 2 weeks to get a response from Ren a few weeks ago. Ugghhhh!!! But when I was late on a maint fee it was added that same day - that was certainly quick. lol
    0 2