This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i cannot stress strongly enough for folks to NOT WALK BACK to Lacabana, Tropicana and Amsterdam Manor from Superfoods Plaza.
    I am very concerned about the traffic and folks being hit by cars.

the cab fare is minimal.
    LaCabana emphasizes this all the time - please do not walk to Superfood ever - daylight or not.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Yes, it's very unsafe! We see people dodging traffic, cars running the lights, all the time. Cab it
    Last edited by schexc; 03-22-2017 at 03:53 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Can you not cross at the light and then walk along the road or down the side road during the daytime? At night, yes it is very dark
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    crossing at the light is dangerous too.
    there are many folks that speed thru trying to beat the red light AND there are many tourists that are unfamilair and uncertain with the area and rules of the road and that adds to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Can you not cross at the light and then walk along the road or down the side road during the daytime? At night, yes it is very dark

I usually walk there because I have to somehow get a walk in during the day but I always cab it back. I have no choice since I usually have a lot of groceries, booze etc. I agree that it is dangerous to walk there.

I know it's been mentioned before, but how appropriate it would be if Super Foods created a well lit cross road that would safely allow there that people could easily navigate.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Aruba since 1979
    i know that there had been talk of a pedestrian walkway heading over the main road.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    I know it's been mentioned before, but how appropriate it would be if Super Foods created a well lit cross road that would safely allow there that people could easily navigate.

I wish this topic was entitled as "Robbery near Superfood" as it was NOT at Superfood. Yes, I drive by Superfood often and I am totally amazed at the number of idiots who think they can run across a highway that has 80kmph signs posted. The lights in Aruba can be confusing to some. I have almost had my clock cleaned on several occasions. Andrea I agree, pedestrians need to u derstand that this is a dangerous intersection. I think many get lulled in to a relaxed state of mind because,they are on vacation. Probably one of Arubas most dangerous pedestrian/traffic intersections

Aruba since 1979
    i can change the title of this thread

I have crossed over to Super Foods several times and have never had an issue. Being from NY, I never expect that someone is going to stop for a pedestrian, if people from other areas are used to that, well that could be an issue.

I am much more concerned/saddened to hear that a tourist was robbed, I am often touting how safe Aruba is. The unemployment is so low that they have very little street crime and the locals all know that tourism is basically their only industry and they take such pride in that. So unfortunate...hope this is an isolated incident.

Thanks for following up and giving more details.