This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safety of valuables on the beach at Divi

Post Thanks / Like

Safety of valuables on the beach at Divi

Hi my and I will be at Divi VIllage in a few weeks. I am trying to figure out what to do with my phone and e reader to keep them safe while we swim.
    I have a packsafe bag where I can lock the bag and then lock it to a chair.. it would make it difficult for someone to grab and go or look through. I know we could take turns going in the water or, not bring the items down with us. I could even be ok with leaving my phone in the room but I like to read and all my books are on my kindle paperwhite so great to read in daylight. I also need to have some cash on me which I guess I could stash in a waterproof pouch. I just don't trust them to be totally waterproof for my phone and the ereader is too big. Just curious what others do with thier valuables and how safe is the beach at divi considering its not easily accessible to anyone not staying at the resort.
    Thanks
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    PacSafe and a bicycle lock to secure tote bags and cooler to Palapa pole.
    2 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we use the pacsafe
    (this one ........https://pacsafe.com/collections/acce...-portable-safe)

we attach it to the center pole as clevedivdiva mentioned to do.

we do not need any additional cable and use the lock included with the pacsafe.

we never take turns going into the water...we feel very secure that a snatch and run will not happen.

our pacsafe holds 1 iPad mini, 2 iPhone 11 pro max
    a credit card, a small tube of lip goop and small tube of sunblock

our room keys are wrist bands so we wear them.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ This. We use the PacSafe with 2 Kindles, phones, cash and credit cards and have room for more. We go in the water together for hours. If somebody does a snatch and grab, they're taking the palapa with it... I'm probably not going to chase after them.
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb68 View Post
    Just curious what others do with thier valuables and how safe is the beach at divi considering its not easily accessible to anyone not staying at the resort.
    Thanks
    Just FYI, all beaches in Aruba are easily accessible and open to the public. Everyone has their own favorite beach. Locals regularly leave their phones and car keys in their bag on the beach or just wrapped in a towel. I don't personally know anyone who's ever been a victim of beach robbery.

For visitors though, I'd still go with the options listed above, even if petty theft on the beach is rare. Locals take the chance even though nobody really should, anywhere. But if we get something stolen we are still at home. Being a tourist and getting your phone stolen is going to suck big time. Same applies to rental cars. Don't go leaving thousands of dollars worth of equipment just there on the seats. Aruba is very safe, but some people just ask for it and people tend to forget that crime is 99% about opportunity.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am glad you have not heard of beach theft, because its everywhere. People come off the Cruise boats and that's their goal. Go to the beaches and steel. Then they get back on the boat, and away they go. Down at Mangle halto, if you leave a bag un attended, its gone. Not sure why anyone would leave their valuables not locked up. It only takes 1 time, and then its gone. That's just my 2 cents.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We use the kyss tote bag; holds way too much; now they have them in backpacks as well.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looked at them very interesting! thanks for that suggestion
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that link I was not aware of that bag.. very cool. The one I have is a foldable packsafe bag.. so I guess I did not have a very origional idea! lol Glad to see this is something others do as well.. If I cannot get a Palpa I guess I could just attach to the chair as long as its not easy for them to run with.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually stay at our TS, sit within sight of many friends on the beach, so do not usually lock anything up. That being said, we do not leave stuff out in plain sight. And we never leave valuables in the locked car at other beaches. If we go to Baby or Arashi, no valuables with us.
    0 0