This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Sand, Shells and Corals .....OH MY!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Sand, Shells and Corals .....OH MY!

Just leave it on the beach. https://www.arubatoday.com/prohibite...FP5YLp3uk_hWRY
    So all of you that did the pouring of the sand thing at your wedding on the beach........
    Let me be the first to tell you, you are not married

https://www.arubatoday.com/prohibite...FP5YLp3uk_hWRY

Oh all right, you are married !
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-04-2021 at 09:47 PM.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    This article is informative. I’ve seen reviews on other sites where people have been fined for taking shells. To be honest, I didn’t realize it was illegal to take the small shells but knew that conch shells were not okay. I googled it on one trip when I was tempted to take one home that I found. Ended up leaving it behind for others to enjoy. Have been guilty of taking those tiny white spiral shaped shells though.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't have any conch shells...and that's all I'm admitting!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    This article is informative. I’ve seen reviews on other sites where people have been fined for taking shells. To be honest, I didn’t realize it was illegal to take the small shells but knew that conch shells were not okay. I googled it on one trip when I was tempted to take one home that I found. Ended up leaving it behind for others to enjoy. Have been guilty of taking those tiny white spiral shaped shells though.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    When we first bought the condo and were looking for local art, we did purchase paintings that incorporated sand-ocean was painted, beach was sand. I also saw a shadow box with sand, shell, etc. and thought "I could do that" with small paintings we bought that were unframed. I did put it together-painting, small jars of sand, a few shells and coral, driftwood, etc. I guess since mine are okay because they are not leaving the island(I can always put everything back on the beach), however; the items I bought and saw were for sale for visitors to take home.

Until this year, I used to bring back coral and shells for my SIL because she would place them on her son's grave when she would visit. I'd bring back a quart sized bag and never had an issue and I did not know it was not allowed.

My friend's son in law tried to bring back three tiny shells-fit in the palm of his hand with room to spare-in Jan and was fined $50.