This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIm Card

Post Thanks / Like

SIm Card

Hi again! I am not sure what it is called, however my daughter asked me to see if anyone here knew how the SIM card for calls in Aruba works. She read there is a card for purchase that allows for a week's use for $30, however she is not sure how that works, or if is messes up the phones. We have IPhones, and use Verizon.

The last trip we really never left the resort, so the resort WiFI was fine for us, but this trip we plan to explore more. She wants to be sure at least a few of us have a plan because we may not all stay together.

Can anyoen explain how it works? We do nto have international plans, so calling without something is going to be pretty expensive.

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have iphones & use verizon. We do the Setar Sim card. we get it for a month since we are there that long but it is about $30 for the week but that is with activation, I believe, not sure on the price.

But there is no problem. They put the sim card in for you, put yours in a little envelope (don't lose it, lol). When you want to change it back to the verizon, make sure phone is off. Take the sim card of their's out, put in the verizon one. Then turn phone on. Never had a problem. Verizon did say once in a blue when you turn your phone back on with the verizon card, there may be a problem but just call them and they do something but ours just automatically hooked up to the verizon card. And we have done it for the past two years. We will be getting one this year, too. Well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    We have iphones & use verizon. We do the Setar Sim card. we get it for a month since we are there that long but it is about $30 for the week but that is with activation, I believe, not sure on the price.

But there is no problem. They put the sim card in for you, put yours in a little envelope (don't lose it, lol). When you want to change it back to the verizon, make sure phone is off. Take the sim card of their's out, put in the verizon one. Then turn phone on. Never had a problem. Verizon did say once in a blue when you turn your phone back on with the verizon card, there may be a problem but just call them and they do something but ours just automatically hooked up to the verizon card. And we have done it for the past two years. We will be getting one this year, too. Well worth it.

Thank you! I wil tell my daughter.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    One more question in you do not mind.

Is the card available at the airport?

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Verizon's plan is $10 a day, so if she only needs it when you folks are out of the resort the Verizon plan is the way to go.
    I do recommend on speaking with a Verizon rep just to get more info and confirmations.

The Setar SIM card is sold at the Setar kiosk at the airport and at the Palm Beach Area.
    We use the Setar SIM, and are quite happy with it, and when we are in a wifi zone we use the free wifi.

in the search bar, the in. SETAR SIM for 1 search and Verizon on another
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyg56 View Post
    Hi again! I am not sure what it is called, however my daughter asked me to see if anyone here knew how the SIM card for calls in Aruba works. She read there is a card for purchase that allows for a week's use for $30, however she is not sure how that works, or if is messes up the phones. We have IPhones, and use Verizon.

The last trip we really never left the resort, so the resort WiFI was fine for us, but this trip we plan to explore more. She wants to be sure at least a few of us have a plan because we may not all stay together.

Can anyoen explain how it works? We do nto have international plans, so calling without something is going to be pretty expensive.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    and bring a SMALL paperclip to open the SIM drawer.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    They usually open the drawer for you but that is just our experience. But if you bring a paper clip, bring a really really thin one cause the hole is tiny. You should have received the pin with your iphone but as Andrea said, if not, bring a paper clip. Remember, when you do the $10 a day TravelPass with Verizon, it is based on your plan. If you have 2 data, then it uses that. Also, it may be sporadic so if I were you, I would check out. You can go to Setar's website and it will tell you, I believe.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are correct....SETAR will open the little door when purchasing the SIM.........but leaving AUA, I did not have a skinny paperclip and walked around the terminal asking for one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I need a new phone so we are going to look for one this eveing. i will be sure to ask the verizon guy about this. When I say "I", I me Marisa! LOL!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have found that APPLE store has better deals for phones than the Verizon store.
    if you'll be paying on time.....APPLE store could be a better deal.
    check it out

Quote Originally Posted by nancyg56 View Post
    I need a new phone so we are going to look for one this eveing. i will be sure to ask the verizon guy about this. When I say "I", I me Marisa! LOL!