This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Smoking Cigarettes, Cigars and Pipes poolside @ Aruba Resorts

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoking Cigarettes, Cigars and Pipes poolside @ Aruba Resorts

Does the resort where you stay allow smoking poolside ? (I am not speaking of the beach or the balconies or patios)

I just received a message from a forum member re: smoking at the resort where they are staying.
    They are having difficulties escaping from cigar smoke.

I do know that LaCabana allows smoking on their pool deck and also provide large ashtrays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not permitted at the Manchebo pool but they do have a few designated areas. Of course, the beaches are public but I haven't seen or smelled much. Someone was smoking a cigar yesterday which even i didn't like (being a light smoker myself).

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Surf Club has a designated area at the pool away from most folks. The wind carries the smoke and smell away pretty efficiently.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also bring a large ashtray with me.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We stay at Divi Village and there is always the same family there each year (of course...) and the men folk are ALWAYS in the pool with cigars sticking out of their mouths......I do not like it, but I figure they are on vacation as well as we are and they certainly can't do it in the States...so I just try to stay UP wind as much as possible.
    Considering there really aren't any smoking policies on the island people figure they can get away with what they can't here in the states.,,,,we are just visitors to the island and they have their own laws and we must abide by them and not try to force what we do not think proper on others.....(IMO only....)
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    when we owned (many years ago) @ Ocean Suites, there were a group of men that habitually smoked the big stinky cigars IN the pool.
    they'd stand in the pool ........with their beer in one hand and their cigars hanging out of the corners of their mouths.
    their ashes went onto the sidewalk areas and occasionally into to pool.
    it seriously ticked me off, but I never said a word to anyone about it.