This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOLO travel to Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Ace, thanks for posting about the restaurants! I've always wanted to eat at Chalet Suisse. Will put that one on the list of possibles for next year. Twist of Flavor will definitely be getting a few visits from me so glad to hear you felt comfortable there.
    Another outing I did by myself few years ago was with Wix Tours and their "Made in Aruba" tour. If you are interested in local Aruba products/businesses, this is really interesting. Small van (I think there were 10-12 people) that will pick you up/drop you off at your hotel. You spend time at the Aruhiba Cigar Company (was fun to watch them hand rolling the cigars and it smelled great); Aruba Aloe Factory tour (and their store with ALL their products); Balashi Beer Factory and tour (includes one beer and lunch); Terrafuse Glass Blowing; and Aruba Rum & Liquer (unlimited samples! no kidding! everyone was pretty tipsy by the time we left; guess that's why it's the last stop!). It was really fun. Check it out at www.wixtours.com
    I felt very comfortable being by myself; actually met a couple who were also staying at the Marriott and we ended up having breakfast together every day after that.
    Thanks for the website of the wixtours. This sounds like a lot of fun! I will consider it for my next trip. This is why the forum is great! I would not have known about half the tours, rest, places if it wasn't for the forum..

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, thanks for posting about the restaurants! I've always wanted to eat at Chalet Suisse. Will put that one on the list of possibles for next year. Twist of Flavor will definitely be getting a few visits from me so glad to hear you felt comfortable there.
    Another outing I did by myself few years ago was with Wix Tours and their "Made in Aruba" tour. If you are interested in local Aruba products/businesses, this is really interesting. Small van (I think there were 10-12 people) that will pick you up/drop you off at your hotel. You spend time at the Aruhiba Cigar Company (was fun to watch them hand rolling the cigars and it smelled great); Aruba Aloe Factory tour (and their store with ALL their products); Balashi Beer Factory and tour (includes one beer and lunch); Terrafuse Glass Blowing; and Aruba Rum & Liquer (unlimited samples! no kidding! everyone was pretty tipsy by the time we left; guess that's why it's the last stop!). It was really fun. Check it out at www.wixtours.com
    I felt very comfortable being by myself; actually met a couple who were also staying at the Marriott and we ended up having breakfast together every day after that.
    Thanks for this! I'm seriously considering this Made in Aruba Tour!
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you do it, Laura. It really was a great outing and actually was a great tour of the island.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you do it, Laura. It really was a great outing and actually was a great tour of the island.
    I try not to plan much because, well... I just don't. But this might be something I'll just have to do. I need to decide which day. The site says 8-1:30 but then it says they pick you up 8:30-8:45. :P
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't remember what time Mark picked us up (us being the Marriott people) but pretty sure it was around 8:30. and then we had a couple of other pickups. I do recall that drop off was a bit later than 1:30. Never felt rushed at any of the stops.
    I know exactly what you mean about not committing to a lot of "reserved" things in advance. I usually like to pick one thing I know has to be planned well ahead, and then wing it (i.e. vegetating under a palapa with my Kindle!).

0 1