This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Souvenirs that you bring home

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Souvenirs that you bring home

    I know many of you have been to Aruba numerous times ( not like us newbies who have only been 6 and are looking forward to the seventh) but what if any souvenirs/ gifts do you bring back from the island? My husband has been collecting old license plates to decorate our gazebo....myself I have any Aruba signs I can find....bumper stickers....I have so many I need a bigger car! I did buy some local jewelry on one trip but could not find the lady again to buy more. T shirts for the kids...no longer as they are getting older and won’t wear them....I can get the grandkids t shirts. One time I bought a cute dress for a friends little girl then found the same dress at a street merchant that came to our balloon rally weekend here in town and I live in upstate New York! Anyway any thoughts/ ideas would be appreciated.
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    5,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    We bring home different hot sauces as gifts. I also look for unique Christmas ornaments and have a couple hand painted ones. My mom drops by our house to check on things so I usually bring her favorite brightly colored tee shirts, dutch chocolate and stroopwaffles. My nephew loves sea creatures so I have brought him shirts, books, and magnets that interest him.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always bring home some Verkade chocolate bars. Also like to bring back Djucu (lucky stone) key rings and the shadow boxes from LaCabana gift shop. I only have one of the shadow boxes but when we return I would like to pick up two more.

    0 1
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member bhoffdhoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    TH Palm & Co by the Playa Linda has a very pretty glass palm tree Christmas ornament that I've bought before. I probably have given about 5 or 6 away.
    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    we typically bring home the following:
    stroopwaffels
    old Amsterdam gouda
    hot sauces
    aruba's hands jewelry
    small paintings from forum member Malfalda's artist husband.

    Quote Originally Posted by simmsejs View Post
    I know many of you have been to Aruba numerous times ( not like us newbies who have only been 6 and are looking forward to the seventh) but what if any souvenirs/ gifts do you bring back from the island? My husband has been collecting old license plates to decorate our gazebo....myself I have any Aruba signs I can find....bumper stickers....I have so many I need a bigger car! I did buy some local jewelry on one trip but could not find the lady again to buy more. T shirts for the kids...no longer as they are getting older and won’t wear them....I can get the grandkids t shirts. One time I bought a cute dress for a friends little girl then found the same dress at a street merchant that came to our balloon rally weekend here in town and I live in upstate New York! Anyway any thoughts/ ideas would be appreciated.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

    0 1
     

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am hoping to buy my first!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I only have one of the shadow boxes but when we return I would like to pick up two more.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

    0 1
     

  7. #7
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bring home hot sauce, gouda cheese, Aruba Hands jewelry and Cuban cigars to my friends. Just slide the band off if you're worried about bringing Cubans back to the States.

    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we typically bring home the following:
    stroopwaffels FTI
    old Amsterdam gouda
    hot sauces
    aruba's hands jewelry
    small paintings from forum member Malfalda's artist husband.
    I bring home Gouda cheeses as well!
    Brian

    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We bring home different hot sauces as gifts. I also look for unique Christmas ornaments and have a couple hand painted ones. My mom drops by our house to check on things so I usually bring her favorite brightly colored tee shirts, dutch chocolate and stroopwaffles. My nephew loves sea creatures so I have brought him shirts, books, and magnets that interest him.
    Weren’t you collecting Aruban jewelry at one point?
    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    5,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Weren’t you collecting Aruban jewelry at one point?
    You must be hitting the margaritas a little hard today. I'm not much of a jewelry girl, aka a husband's dream..LOL
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •