This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SUNBURN (especially Aruba newbies) SunBlock

Post Thanks / Like
    This picture says it all. I missed my entire lower left leg on the last day of our first trip to Aruba.

SUNBURN (especially Aruba newbies) SunBlock-fb_img_1591296965937-jpg
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    ouch. At least it was the last day

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    This picture says it all. I missed my entire lower left leg on the last day of our first trip to Aruba.

SUNBURN (especially Aruba newbies) SunBlock-fb_img_1591296965937-jpg

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the breeze in aruba causes many to let their guard down.
    they do not feel the intensity of the sun.

This is what got me on our first trip last year! Between the wind, the excitement of being there for the first time and just "getting out there" on the first day and then the closeness to the equator and I was verrrrrry crispy that first night. Learned real quick not to do that again! Thankfully, our trip to the Aruba Aloe factory was the next day, so we stocked up on a whole lotta that!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    This is what got me on our first trip last year! Between the wind, the excitement of being there for the first time and just "getting out there" on the first day and then the closeness to the equator and I was verrrrrry crispy that first night. Learned real quick not to do that again! Thankfully, our trip to the Aruba Aloe factory was the next day, so we stocked up on a whole lotta that!!
    Their After Sun lotion is the best! I use it in Aruba whenever I have been in the sun and I use it at home too. I've given it to friends and they always want to know where to get more after getting burned and then using it. My son was working at McDonalds and got burned. He use it and within a few hours the burn was gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm a freckled, fair-skinned redhead. Need i say more?! My parents spent a fortune on zinc oxide when I was a kid! I've always been really careful but there have still been a few memorable burns, especially my scalp. Whatever beach I'm on, I'm lathered head to toe, !iterally, in Neutrogena 50+ sunblock, Banana Boat lip balm and Clinique face sunblock. Those are the three products that time has shown protect me best. I agree with Robin re Aruba Aloe's After Sun Lotion. It's great. And straight aloe vera gel really works for me. Anytime I've spent a day on the beach, after showering I use either the gel or the after-sun lotion even if no visible sunburn.
    So far I've managed to avoid a real sunburn in Aruba. But a tan is something I'll never see in my mirror. When I was a kid, I hoped it I got some sun, sooner or later my freckles would fill in and I'd be tan! LOL!!

0 0