This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunscreens

two things about spraying indoors - as Andrea mentioned, it can make the floor slippery. At Aruba Beach Club there is a paper on the dresser of your room saying that it is forbidden for the safety of their staff. It is a very straight to the point letter (not very welcoming, but you can see they take it seriously).
    Another funny thing - Jon and I were spraying away at Playa Linda getting ready to head out and somehow our spray set off the smoke detector!

I like lotions for the face, but spray for everywhere else. We like Bull Frog brand and use it all summer. They also make a combo sunblock/mosquito spray that we usually keep with us just in case.

We've set off the Carbon detector at LaCabana using spray in the room. No audible sound, but security was at our door rather quickly!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    We've set off the Carbon detector at LaCabana using spray in the room. No audible sound, but security was at our door rather quickly!
    We had the full-on audio, and it was early. I felt bad. Then I had to go in the hall and tell people not to worry, it was just our sunscreen. So embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We've used the Walmart brand with great success over the years. It does leave a weird film though that comes off in the shower.

We're trying the brand we found at Costco.ca on the next trip (Kinesys).
    https://www.kinesysactive.com/collec...unscreen-120ml

UGH... it's TERRIBLE... greasy, doesn't work, has a weird smell (even though it claims to be fragrance free) and, if this is water resistance/proof, then I'm doing something wrong.

Naturally, we bought eight bottles of it. Sigh.

We're going back to the mist can of either Target, Walmart or Neutrogena.

We just use the pink CVS brand for babies. I bring reading glasses to make sure they are physical sunscreens - zinc/titanium oxide with nothing else added for active ingredients. usually $8-12 but they last a season even with daily use at home too. It does leave reflective film as it is a physical blocker, but it is much safer than the chemical screens that apply clear and reported to kill corals. Once applied it stays on, too much at times
    Last edited by __steve__; 01-07-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    well that is costly and disappointing.
    i hope that you did not get fried.

we have been happy with the spray neutrogena or the aldis brand spray.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    https://www.kinesysactive.com/collec...unscreen-120ml

UGH... it's TERRIBLE... greasy, doesn't work, has a weird smell (even though it claims to be fragrance free) and, if this is water resistance/proof, then I'm doing something wrong.

Naturally, we bought eight bottles of it. Sigh.

We're going back to the mist can of either Target, Walmart or Neutrogena.

I just ordered my lotion No-Ad sunscreen. I tried last year and I liked it. I did not feel it was greasy and it seemed to stay on good.

I've always found the idea of the spray lotion kinda wasteful and a bit silly, considering the wind on the island...
    Always makes me laugh when I see people attempting to spray it on themselves or someone, and watching it all blow away in the wind...
    Then mom gets mad because, well, none of the spray hit Junior...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    in aruba, i spray it mostly onto my hands and then rub in.
    if one hold the can close enough the wind scattering of the sunblock is minimal.

here at home, we tyically do not have aruba's winds so the spray works fine.

we have a gentleman here, that plays pool volleyball every day it is offered.
    every day i watch him apply no ad white liquid sunblock to a spatula and he then is able to reach most parts of his back and spread it around.
    if i were not skeeved out by this guy, i would offer to put some on his back for him.

The mist spray works... You just spray it close to your skin. The wind's never been an issue in application for us.