This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tourism Spike

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like

Tourism Spike

So I came across this article about the problems in DR. I guess Aruba is in for a huge spike in tourism, along with these other Caribbean Islands.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...3RYA9clKRId7E4

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. And the seaweed issues in Mexico will make folks take another look at Aruba

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel badly about the situation in DR.
    I am believing that there is much speculation and misinformation being thrown around.

Their minister of tourism made much sense with his remarks.
    I believe he is being truthful.... but that is just my gut.... so wait and see right?

I hope the islands that are seeing spikes do not spike prices.

Many of us remember the beating that AUA took 14 yrs ago with speculation and misinformation.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-26-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure what to believe but I know if I had a trip planned I would cancel as 70% of the current bookings are doing. This tragic situation is having dire consequences for the DR and sadly the other islands like Aruba are going to be filled to the maximum

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am not sure what to believe but I know if I had a trip planned I would cancel as 70% of the current bookings are doing. This tragic situation is having dire consequences for the DR and sadly the other islands like Aruba are going to be filled to the maximum
    Its the same as the hurricane that demolished StMaarten an d the other islands. Aruba had an influx of tourists

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of people going to the DR are looking for AIs. Aruba does not have as many AIs as the DR. I bet Mexico, even with the seaweed issue, will end up picking up a lot of that crowd since they so many AIs.

Stu was told by our travel agent, that the resort where all this started was a lower end resort and they did not recommend it to their clients, but sometimes people insist because it is inexpensive.

A few years ago there were issue in Mexico with tainted drinks at one resort, too, but I don't remember the details.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly these new waves of tourists coming to the island couldn't have come at a worse time given all the infrastructure works going on. These works were specifically planned to deal with an increase in population and tourists numbers, but hurricane Irma and Maria, the seaweed issues are all pushing tourists to Aruba before our infrastructure was ready for it. Thank goodness only some months left before the main parts are done.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    A lot of people going to the DR are looking for AIs. Aruba does not have as many AIs as the DR. I bet Mexico, even with the seaweed issue, will end up picking up a lot of that crowd since they so many AIs.

Stu was told by our travel agent, that the resort where all this started was a lower end resort and they did not recommend it to their clients, but sometimes people insist because it is inexpensive.

A few years ago there were issue in Mexico with tainted drinks at one resort, too, but I don't remember the details.
    The Hard Rock Resort where some of the death occurred after consuming booze in the room is not a low end resort. Quite the opposite and one the most expensive resorts. Ive priced in the past and it average as high as $3,500 per person with air compared to others $900 to $1500 per person. An office of my company has stayed there but in the fall for 1/2 price. This particular resort announced that they were removing all the alcohol, mini bars from the room. Its about time they took action at least it tells the people they are taking some measures. I don't blame people for cancelling because up to now no one was taking any action.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure that all of the folks booked for a DR AI trip woudl turn to Aruba just yet. I thnk that the draw for some of these vacation destinations is the lower cost to vacation there, and as lovely as Aruba is, it can be more moeny for an AI stay.

I think Mexico will see a spike. of tourists for now.

My nieces chose DR on their last AI trip and both said the resort was lovely, the food was okay, and the tours they chose were fun. They also added they were nto going back, but could not put a specific reason why not. They can now, as Deb's friend lost her aunt and uncle there and my girls are not satisfied with the reason.

I know that my family is not experienced travelers, but we all knew that safety was the priority of any destination we chose to visit, especially when taking our precious Kady with us, so Aruba kept popping to the top of our list, even though the cost was a bit higher thatn other destinations we were lookign at.

I truly hope that there is a resolution to these tragedies on DR becuase that island does need the tourists to help grow their economy.

0 0