This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aruba since 1979

Use of hospital or Urgent care in Aruba

have you ever required the services of the ER @ Aruba's Hospital or the urgent care or a physician in Aruba?

we have visited the ER for an IV for hydration (a huge GI upset either viral of food related), and a 2 am monstrous ear infection.

we have visited the dr. (not urgent care) 2x..........once for toenail being ripped off and the other time, we left our toiletry bag at home and needed our prescriptions to be issued.

in those few visits with Aruba's medical, we were quite satisfied as were our wallets.

Aruba since 1979
    ............and then I remembered AVA
    check out this thread http://www.aruba.com/forum/f18/room-view-april-24th-may-3rd-63860/

Yes, on our second visit I needed to be taken to the ER at midnight on Sunday/Monday. Turned out that I had food poisoning. I felt that the care and follow up were excellent and wouldn't hesitate to return - that is if needed.

Count me in for food poisoning. Went to the E.R. around 3am (Security Guard at Amsterdam Manor drove me). I knew from others to always bring my credit card because you had to pay the bill before leaving (I was later reimbursed in full from my health insurance which covers me when I travel). I thought the care was great but the E.R. wait was long - maybe because it was a Friday night/Saturday morning and it was very busy even at 3am. I had an IV since I was dehydrated and then an RX to help settle my stomach since my flight back was that morning (fun!)- although I really didn't feel back to normal for about a week or so. I ALMOST stayed an extra day or two just because I didn't think I could fly and Amsterdam Manor was nice enough to let me stay in the same room if I needed it so I wouldn't have to move (I could barely pack as it was.)

So Mark...wonder if it was the same restaurant? LOL!!
    ~Amy~® - Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept./Oct. 2018 --
    Italy: Nov./Dec. 2018 -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019

No, thank God!

Fortunately, no! However, I have to say I have confidence in the facilities if we need them. When Tom first had his transplant and we were planning our trip his team at Mass General told him he should see the Infectious Disease person before traveling. We did, and the doctor told us she felt that Aruba had good facilities so we travel to Aruba with confidence.

How’d your toenail get ripped off? Rogue iquana?
    Last edited by Bri; 08-03-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I used urgent care, no problems, had a stomach bug, which it turned out alot of people got. It wasn’t food poisoning

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    I have had my wife and baby Granddaughter to the urgent care in Noord...across from the 080 Bar. Amazing service, spotlessly clean, very modern equipment & the cost was lower than I ever imaged. I just hope i never need to use the place again!

Aruba since 1979
    Yes!!
    He came after me with fierceness and weaponry. He knocked me to the ground and ripped off big toe toenail.
    Or I smashed the toe on a piece of furniture and was quite a mess.
    The iguana story is better though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    How’d your toenail get ripped off? Rogue iquana?