This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Aruba since 1979

Venezuela's embargo with ABC islands

Now almost 3 mos...........what is the impact on Aruba? tourism, produce, etc ?

Aruba had a huge Venezuelan tourist population over the years, but those numbers have diminished over the years due to their government making their lives hard.

Does this embargo allow for Venezuelan toruists to visit the ABC islands?

I spoke with one of the board members who is from Venezuela. He said they have to fly through Panama City or through I think Columbia to get here. However; going back airlines are stopping in Aruba coming from other area and then fly into Venezuela. It is making it very difficult for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Now almost 3 mos...........what is the impact on Aruba? tourism, produce, etc ?

Aruba had a huge Venezuelan tourist population over the years, but those numbers have diminished over the years due to their government making their lives hard.

Does this embargo allow for Venezuelan toruists to visit the ABC islands?
    It isn't having any noticeable effects for the population. Produce is already being shipped in from alternative sources and the tourism from Venezuela has dropped years back already and has as far as I understand from ATA been made up from targeted ad campaigns in other markets.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    It isn't having any noticeable effects for the population. Produce is already being shipped in from alternative sources and the tourism from Venezuela has dropped years back already and has as far as I understand from ATA been made up from targeted ad campaigns in other markets.

I spoke to the GM and his wife of one of the resorts here last night. They said as of two days ago, Venezuela now will not let flights stopping in any of the ABC islands to come into the country. He also said they have really had no guest from there, however; because of all the issues in the island hit by the hurricanes, it has not been an issue for them.