This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Aruba since 1979

Volunteer needed to Accompany pup to Newark this week

https://www.facebook.com/ArubaFlight...niAeV1ZZTxmt2k

this pup is in need of a human transporter. Volunteer needed to Accompany pup to Newark  this week-29790398_2279967962016945_2127281800121381557_n-jpg

it is easy peasy..........the organization liason meets you at the airport with the pup in a carry on.
    you (the passenger/transporter) brings the pup thru and fly to Newark witht he pup under the seat (ya sure, it stays under the seat )
    the new owner or the foster mom/dad meet you in Newark's Liberty airport.
    you kiss the pup goodbye and you are done.

There are so many pups/cats in need of transport currently! May is a huge month for puppies to be born on the island too, so it is only going to be 'busier' here on out! If anyone is interested in transport on one of their upcoming trips feel free to email me as I work with many of the rescues I traveled with my own puppy a couple of weeks ago, and another volunteer was transporting for someone else on our flight. From our experience and many others I have met, they sleep the whole time! Thanks for sharing this Andrea! (Email: Crystal@wanderlustjetsetter.com)

I'm going to be a transporter to Newark on April 15th for Aruba Flight Volunteers.

Nice job Liz!

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    So what do you tell the US Customs agent when they ask if you have anything to declare? I cant imagine telling a Customs agent that I have this dog that a stranger gave to me and another stranger is going to meet me in the US at the airport and take this dog from me. Good luck, I'm not doing it, something is not kosher here.

Aruba since 1979
    these rescue groups are well known in aruba.
    they are well known to the US CUSTOMS and Aruba Immigration and the airlines.
    this transport has been happening for about 10 years.

there is appropriate paperwork from the Aruba Animal rescue and the Aruba veterinarian certificates.

all above mentioned groups are working hand in hand together for the betterment of animals.

i can guarantee you personally it is very on the up and up aka quite kosher

we have been on the receiving end for a puppy (picked him up in Boston) and a kitten (picked her up in Miami)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    So what do you tell the US Customs agent when they ask if you have anything to declare? I cant imagine telling a Customs agent that I have this dog that a stranger gave to me and another stranger is going to meet me in the US at the airport and take this dog from me. Good luck, I'm not doing it, something is not kosher here.

There was a women and her family that flew on my flight last summer with 2 dogs they were bringing back for their "forever homes" This is 100% legit. They have done it at least 5x. All documented....its as easy as Andrea said.

I have brought my dog from the US to Aruba and back and a new puppy from Aruba and back to the US in the last year. It is so well organized that the customs agent actually knew my puppy’s name from one of the rescue groups social media page! They are all very aware of the groups on the island. The paperwork is all pre set up, you do have to “declare” the dog, they look over the paperwork and take a look at the dog and through customs you go! Very simple, most of the work is done by the rescues behind the scenes, like making sure the animal is up to date with all the requirements and shots to get into the US

My Riley who at 3 months old was transported from Aruba to Newark 16 months ago by a nice family staying at Playa Linda. He is now 19 months old.

Volunteer needed to Accompany pup to Newark  this week-june-19-2-jpg
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 04-02-2018 at 09:49 PM.

A few years I picked up a puppy at Newark as the person who was going to foster her could not pick her up that night as they had another commitment. The woman from the rescue group (Kathy from ARF) called me from Aruba saying the couple that agreed to transport the puppy to the U.S. was very apprehensive and she feared that they were going to back out. Mostly the couple were worried that that they were going to be charged at the airport for transporting the dog.

They finally agreed when assured that the airfare was paid for and all paperwork was in order for the dog. When the couple arrived in Newark the couple called me on my cell to say they were at baggage claim. When I went in the airport I knew exactly who they were as they were the only people with a puppy. Oh my gosh, this couple didn't want to give me the puppy. Both husband and wife were hugging and kissing the little puppy. They said they got so much attention from the flight crew and passengers.

I kept the puppy overnight until the foster family came to pick her up the next day.

As Andrea said every thing is and the up and up.