This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    So what do you tell the US Customs agent when they ask if you have anything to declare? I cant imagine telling a Customs agent that I have this dog that a stranger gave to me and another stranger is going to meet me in the US at the airport and take this dog from me. Good luck, I'm not doing it, something is not kosher here.
    A picture says sometimes more than a thousand words. Here are many happy-ending stories from the precious, sweet, smart Aruba dogs which are affectionately called "Cunucu dogs" , many of them now living the life in the USA :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CunucuFriends/?fref=nf

Marie Geerman has created the Aruba Flight Volunteers FB page. She works together with the other, very well established Aruba rescue groups. Just looking through that page shows many happy faces and wagging tails:

https://www.facebook.com/ArubaFlightVolunteers/

Marie Geerman gave as well an interviews to Curt, explaining how easy to process of transporting a dog, puppy, cat or kitten is:

http://onehappypodcast.com/ep30/

And how it all begun several decades ago:

http://onehappypodcast.com/ep15/

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    So what do you tell the US Customs agent when they ask if you have anything to declare? I cant imagine telling a Customs agent that I have this dog that a stranger gave to me and another stranger is going to meet me in the US at the airport and take this dog from me. Good luck, I'm not doing it, something is not kosher here.
    Very much on the up & up. You don't have to tell the customs agent anything - they can totally see the pup(s) and are prepared to take your paperwork and ask the appropriate questions. Where are you traveling to? Who did you get this pup from? can I see the Vet certificate? etc. etc.

Here is a piece of my trip report last August:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Met New Life for Paws outside departure hall and met the beautiful little girls we were transporting to their forever families. Oh so sweet! And the whole process was so easy! They really handled everything and were so very organized! Their volunteer stayed with us thru the check in process and she waited at the airport until we got thru US customs and we texted to let her know all went well.

The crying room was so much easier with puppies to love on & play with. The girls had to stay in their carriers under the seat in front of us during take off & landing, but the rest of the flight they were on our laps. They truly made leaving paradise just a little easier. Of course saying good bye to them at baggage claim at JFK was terrible, but knowing that we did something wonderful for them was well worth it.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Who ever is bring a pup into Newark, I'll see ya there…I'll pick up and deliver to it's foster home for the night….easy as 1 2 3…this coming sat, mon, and the 15th…

see you on the 15th

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for your service to helping these poor beasts!
    thank you to all who participate with your time, talent or treasure.

there are special places in heaven for you all.QUOTE=hvy747;332283]Who ever is bring a pup into Newark, I'll see ya there…I'll pick up and deliver to it's foster home for the night….easy as 1 2 3…this coming sat, mon, and the 15th…[/QUOTE]

Volunteer needed to Accompany pup to Newark  this week-fb_img_1523202851499-jpgsafe and sound last nite…what a cutie pie

Quote Originally Posted by hvy747 View Post
    Volunteer needed to Accompany pup to Newark  this week-fb_img_1523202851499-jpgsafe and sound last nite…what a cutie pie
    Aww! THANK YOU for helping this sweet doggie! <3 <3 <3

Aruba since 1979
    brought a few tears to my eyes.
    thank you so much for helping those that cannot help themselves.
    he/she really has a wonderful face huh?

Quote Originally Posted by hvy747 View Post

Always nice to hear of a happy ending!!!