This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we in Compliance with Aruba law?

Post Thanks / Like
    We had the means to stay in Aruba, but came home. The idea of being stranded there was not comforting. I did not want to stranded away from our sons. I wanted to be here in case they need something, especially our younger son who is an EMT transporting patients. If he got sick, there would be no one to help him.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is your younger son doing, Robin? I cannot imagine the kind of stress he must be feeling. Please tell him how much we appreciate what he's doing! He is one of the heroes in this crisis...and you and Stu are heroes as well for being there for him.

Have to tell you I had quite a laugh when I read your installment to the imaginary Aruba trip report. I didn't realize at first what thread it was and I sat here thinking, "beautiful day? rainbows? what the heck is she talking about? she's in NJ. it's a chilly, nasty, rainy day here in CT. The weather can't be that much different!". LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We had the means to stay in Aruba, but came home. The idea of being stranded there was not comforting. I did not want to stranded away from our sons. I wanted to be here in case they need something, especially our younger son who is an EMT transporting patients. If he got sick, there would be no one to help him.

0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I know, all the hotels are closed. Some restaurants are open but for take out only. The fast food places..that already had drive thru's...are doing a great business. Some traditional places have modified their front doors so that there is now a walk up window where you order and they bring the food out to you in paper bags.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    How is your younger son doing, Robin? I cannot imagine the kind of stress he must be feeling. Please tell him how much we appreciate what he's doing! He is one of the heroes in this crisis...and you and Stu are heroes as well for being there for him.

Have to tell you I had quite a laugh when I read your installment to the imaginary Aruba trip report. I didn't realize at first what thread it was and I sat here thinking, "beautiful day? rainbows? what the heck is she talking about? she's in NJ. it's a chilly, nasty, rainy day here in CT. The weather can't be that much different!". LOL!
    Good, thanks so much for asking. He is off now until next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Good, thanks so much for asking. He is off now until next week.
    You must be thrilled that he is off for a week!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a relief, especially since we are potentially entering the peak period. Fingers crossed that is true although it means a higher death rate for a few days. New hospitalizations are down in NYC and CT. A glimmer of hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    You must be thrilled that he is off for a week!!

0 2

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want the best Chinese take out on the island, try Santa Cruz Bar and Restaurant. We get the santa cruz special, its a ton of food, enough for two. 2975858088 its right across the street from the KFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteel337 View Post
    As far as I know, all the hotels are closed. Some restaurants are open but for take out only. The fast food places..that already had drive thru's...are doing a great business. Some traditional places have modified their front doors so that there is now a walk up window where you order and they bring the food out to you in paper bags.

1 2

Post Thanks / Like

Hi folks.
    I'd like to say a special kind of thanks to the first responders and front line people. I hope the video conveys that.
    Coincidentally, I think the gentleman in the video is from Aruba... I guess it fits on this forum.

My mom is in the hardest hit place in Toronto, and, as much as she has tested positive, the mood and the vibe stays positive around here because,
    well, we don't have a lot of choice.
    Robin, please pass on my blessings and thanks for the work your son does.
    It truly is appreciated.
    Last edited by Mr. Ratt; 04-23-2020 at 04:25 PM.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 8, 2020... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your mom.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope your mom recovers soon.