This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What made you choose Aruba for your first visit?

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A trip elsewhere with a girl-friend fell apart. This was a milestone/celebration/gift to myself so there was no way I wasn't taking a trip as planned. I began researching places for solo female travelers and I found Aruba - did lots more research and that was that. May 2017 was the first trip. I returned in July/August 2018, May 2019, July/August 2019 and the last trip was November/December 2020. The last week of July-First Week of August is my favorite time to visit.

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Bri, if you're there the first week in August, let me know! I'm arriving on the 3rd. Perhaps we can get together for a cocktail or two!

Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    A trip elsewhere with a girl-friend fell apart. This was a milestone/celebration/gift to myself so there was no way I wasn't taking a trip as planned. I began researching places for solo female travelers and I found Aruba - did lots more research and that was that. May 2017 was the first trip. I returned in July/August 2018, May 2019, July/August 2019 and the last trip was November/December 2020. The last week of July-First Week of August is my favorite time to visit.
    0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sure hope so!
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Bri, if you're there the first week in August, let me know! I'm arriving on the 3rd. Perhaps we can get together for a cocktail or two!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I talked to someone in 2000 who had just come back from Aruba. They really liked it so I traded our Fla. timeshare for Aruba in 2001. We've been going every year since. Covid made us cancel our 20th year last year, but we'll be back this year. We fell in love with the beach, the climate, the fact that English is spoken there, they take our money, it's safe, it's out of the hurricane zone, AND they people are friendly.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We were forced. lol We had an expensive small sail boat cruise trip planned for the same year with our friends. They are Bluegreen owners and said they would give us a week stay to travel with them since they also had never been to Aruba. We originally declined the offer, but after they had us look at LaCabanna's picture we were in. That was 13 years ago and we have been returning each year. Our favorite vacation.
    0 1

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a word, drugs.

No, no, no. Not that!

Back in 1976 I went to Bermuda for a week's vacation. While there, I met a British fellow, a sales representative for a large British pharmaceutical company, and he made a trip to Caribbean twice per year.

After spending horrible times in other places, he got Beecham's to schedule his trips so that Aruba was his last stop before heading back to London. He spoke of it highly.

I think a combination of his comments and the sing-songy sound of Aruba's name stuck with me. Four years later, I was sitting by the pool at Manchebo Beach Hotel.

My travel agent had know idea where I was asking him to send me.

Northwest Airlines, Eastern Airlines and Manchebo Beach Hotel. Well, one of the three is still around.

Glenn
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I Google'd "warm weather no hurricanes" and the ABCs came up. We knew the minute we stepped off the plane!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Eastern Airlines-I haven't heard that name in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    In a word, drugs.

No, no, no. Not that!

Back in 1976 I went to Bermuda for a week's vacation. While there, I met a British fellow, a sales representative for a large British pharmaceutical company, and he made a trip to Caribbean twice per year.

After spending horrible times in other places, he got Beecham's to schedule his trips so that Aruba was his last stop before heading back to London. He spoke of it highly.

I think a combination of his comments and the sing-songy sound of Aruba's name stuck with me. Four years later, I was sitting by the pool at Manchebo Beach Hotel.

My travel agent had know idea where I was asking him to send me.

Northwest Airlines, Eastern Airlines and Manchebo Beach Hotel. Well, one of the three is still around.

Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Many years ago our family holidayed in Florida and stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. The hotel accommodation blocks are all named after islands and we stayed in 'ARUBA'. Later when we were redecorating a bathroom my wife did a stained glass panel in a door with a nautical theme and with the word 'Aruba' included. We eventually started planning our 25th wedding anniversary and decided on Aruba. We had a lovely week staying at the Bucuti and Tara on one of the loveliest beaches imaginable.

Our second trip was cancelled (2020) and we have not yet planned a future visit but I can say that having checked out other islands I am drawn to Aruba still. Quite a few other islands have all sorts of vaccination requirements while Aruba is safe enough to visit without any. (I have had the flu and covid vaccines).
    what is best in life ?
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We were unable to travel until I was 45 and my husband 48. We had 3 sons in sports and ill parents. We went to a travel agent who said "you deserve to go to Aruba"! We went and we were hooked. My husband had tears in his eyes the first time he saw the ocean.
    0 2