This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: What resources do you use to find a Rental?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

What resources do you use to find a Rental?

What resources do you use to find a timeshare or condo or home rental?
    How do you check to make sure it is "legit"?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    we use VRBO/HomeAway. I read, of course the reviews and when they were placed. Sometimes like on Amazon, you read the reviews and they are all within days of each other, I know they are fake. Then I email the owner and depending how long they take to get back to me, that is a determination. then I call them. If they will not do a phone call, I move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    For places other than Aruba we have had good luck with VRBO. As gaby posted...if they won't take your phone call move on! For the island....word of mouth from owners and renters alike. Most on this Board know someone who owns at one or more resorts...they can be helpful in connecting you with someone who wants to rent their unit. Flexibility helps!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My original rental at ABC came from another Aruba forum member putting her timeshare up for rent. At the time that forum was quite busy and I knew this person was legit so felt comfortable with that rental. While we were there we met a couple who rented the week we like to go sofor the next 3 years we rented from them. This year they informed me that they were putting their timeshares up for sale and while we like ABC we really have no interest in owning so we now check out Kandy’s list for rentals. Our problem now is we have made friends who are there week 19,20 and 21 so we really want a combo of those weeks. My new store director is wanting me to choose other weeks so now I have no idea where and/ or when we will end up going. Will probably check the individual members boards of ABC,Casa Del Mar and Costa Linda.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found our next May rental from members here on this forum.
    They are long time Aruba owners and we just got the 2 weeks for next May!!