This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New sunscreen ban

Post Thanks / Like

New sunscreen ban

Are they confiscating non approved sunscreen upon arrival in Aruba? Can one use non approved sun screen if they don't go into ocean water?

What is a non-zinc approved product that is not overly expensive and where to buy?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    no they are not confiscating

yes you can still use the old type of sun screen.

check out the Reef Safe Bull Frog, Panama Jack online.

https://www.allure.com/gallery/coral...screen-reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaw View Post
    Are they confiscating non approved sunscreen upon arrival in Aruba? Can one use non approved sun screen if they don't go into ocean water?

What is a non-zinc approved product that is not overly expensive and where to buy?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-22-2019 at 09:51 PM.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea - where have you seen Reef Safe Bull frog? Is it the gel kind or spray? I've been doing a lot of reading on this lately and am finding that you really have to read the ingredients. The reef safe and reef friendly labels are not closely regulated. Here is a quote for my linked article.
    The federal government requires sunscreen claims to be “truthful and not misleading,” but the term “reef safe” doesn’t have an agreed-upon definition, and therefore isn’t strictly regulated by government. This means sunscreen manufacturers aren’t required to test and demonstrate that such products won’t harm aquatic life, Downs says. From the article:
    https://www.consumerreports.org/suns...afe-sunscreen/
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for that article link!!!!!

I have found that the only Bull Frog that is Oxybenzene (sp?) free, is the BullFrog Stick spf 50.
    I have found it at either CVS or Walgreens.
    The sunscreen in it is zinc.
    It works well.
    I put it on my face, ears and lips.

I only use it when we are at the beach.
    My daily go to stuff is the spf 30 or 50 aerosol and go thru a can a week.
    But that is for pool use only....usually the neutropenia or generic brand. (aldis).
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Andrea - where have you seen Reef Safe Bull frog? Is it the gel kind or spray? I've been doing a lot of reading on this lately and am finding that you really have to read the ingredients. The reef safe and reef friendly labels are not closely regulated. Here is a quote for my linked article.
    The federal government requires sunscreen claims to be “truthful and not misleading,” but the term “reef safe” doesn’t have an agreed-upon definition, and therefore isn’t strictly regulated by government. This means sunscreen manufacturers aren’t required to test and demonstrate that such products won’t harm aquatic life, Downs says. From the article:
    https://www.consumerreports.org/suns...afe-sunscreen/
    0 0