This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Childcare in Aruba

Post Thanks / Like

Childcare in Aruba

I am new to this forum, so wasn't exactly sure where to put this thread or if I am even doing this correctly . My family is in the process of planning an extended trip (3 months) to Aruba and will need daily childcare for our 18 month old. I am having a hard time finding information on options for this. Anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

Thank you in advance!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have someone I may be able ask, but need more info. Are you looking for someone to come into your residence or take your child somewhere? What part of the island will you live?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum! I hope you will share your journey with us!
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Awest. There is one person that is highly recommended but her name escapes me, maybe Marita something? Someone will correct me. If you type babysitter in the search bar in the upper right corner it should come up with some recommendations.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    very exciting that you will be in aruba for 3 months!.
    Mariza Garcia does some babysitting (her user name on this forum is MAFALDA)
    as for daily childcare, are you asking about acting as a nanny?
    I will direct Mariza to this thread.

She is a wonderful and trustworthy and kind lady.
    If she cannot help you, she may also know someone who can.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I contacted Mariza and here is her Email
    she has given me permission to share the email
    mflda@yahoo.com

if you private message me, I can also give you her phone #

I am also moving this OUT of moving to aruba and into the Aruba General category

Quote Originally Posted by Awest View Post
    I am new to this forum, so wasn't exactly sure where to put this thread or if I am even doing this correctly . My family is in the process of planning an extended trip (3 months) to Aruba and will need daily childcare for our 18 month old. I am having a hard time finding information on options for this. Anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

Thank you in advance!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mariza is amazing and we have been using her for years and trust her 100 percent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, we are not sure exactly where we will be as I wanted to see if there were childcare options before we got too deep into planning. I am fully open to suggestion on location as well . I am open to both in home care and taking my son somewhere, although I would prefer a in home nanny if it is affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I have someone I may be able ask, but need more info. Are you looking for someone to come into your residence or take your child somewhere? What part of the island will you live?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the information and keeping my post in the right place. I will get the hang of this (sooner or later). If/when we need a babysitter, I will definitely contact Mariza! I am actually looking for more of a nanny for when we will be working during the day but if that is not affordable, then open to a daycare setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I contacted Mariza and here is her Email
    she has given me permission to share the email
    mflda@yahoo.com

if you private message me, I can also give you her phone #

I am also moving this OUT of moving to aruba and into the Aruba General category
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not on Facebook, but can you search for a nanny on there? Please don't crush me everyone I don't know how it works, but it seems like there are groups for everything according to Pam.