This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Educational activities

Post Thanks / Like

Educational activities

Hi everyone my husband and I will be traveling down in March and now that our youngest is old enough to appreciate the trips (he now asks to go to Rooba to play in splashy water) and our oldest is still in middle school....we were wondering about any and all educational experiences in Aruba...yes, we know of a few but I am really interested in what other families/parents/tourists/residents would recommend!
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When will you be in Aruba? The first weekend is the Grand Parade of Carnival. March 18 is Flag Day-like US 4th of July. There are tons of things going on that day. You'd have to check on line for the days and times the fort and museums are open(one in San Nicolas is in a water tower) and when Aruba Aloe gives their tours. They might like the Atlantis underwater sub-min age of 4 years old. Rent a jeep and drive on the northside(and the island)-so different than the beaches. You might see some wild goats. We saw some wild donkeys near Baby Beach. Take a tour that tells about the island. Visit the Ostrich Farm, Donkey Sanctuary, Phillips Animal Garden. art murals in San Nicholas, Lighthouse, Alta Vista, Gold Mine Ruins, Natural Bridge, there are some caves, Arikok. Last year we drove we went to Baby Beach, but hung a left at the "red anchor"and drove along there. There were tons of wild goats on and around the cliffs.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    When we brought our son (if we pulled him from school) he always had not only his schoolwork but a certain project.
    The project was usually unique.

One of them was visiting the cemeteries and writing about them and having photos.
    the Aruba cemeteries are very unique and interesting.

Another was a tour of the WEB facility and writing about the desalinization process.