This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make suggestions on things to see for our family of 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Kim, There is a snack bar and restroom there. I'm not sure if they have any vendors with chairs and umbrellas. They should because this would be a perfect spot for day visitors and cruisers. I'm not back on the island until February, but maybe someone will chime in and give us an update. However, it is a short walk to Reflextions Beach Club. You could spend the rest of the day there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yup they have chairs/umbrellas for rent

i think about $30+ for 2 lounges and 1 umbrella

i am unsure if there are any fixed palapaas on that section of surfside

reflexions is a great idea.
    we spend lots of time there when we are on island.

Hmm, tell me more about this Reflextions Beach club. I have not heard about it. Dianne, does it sound like a good fit for my family since you know us so well and what we like.
    Last edited by AudiaS4; 06-25-2018 at 12:41 AM. Reason: spelled Reflextions wrong. lol
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    www.splashparkaruba.com

They do offer a pick up service if needed. We drove there and purchased the one hour admission, but stayed for quite a while past that one hour. It was late August and they were not very busy.

Note: Prices increased in June 2018

My 13 year old had a heck of a time trying to get on the larger climbing inflatables. My 15 yr old had no issues getting on them.

Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been to Reflextions. I've walked through it. It is right next door to my favorite restaurant, Barefoot. Lots of cruisers go there. It looks nice, is fairly small, has a small pool. I hear that the food is good. The water is very calm. I don't think there is any snorkeling there. It is just a nice place to relax and enjoy a beach day. If you decide to go to Splash Park, you could take a look at both and see which one you'd rather use. I know that snorkeling is important to you, and this area is probably not good for that.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    www.splashparkaruba.com

They do offer a pick up service if needed. We drove there and purchased the one hour admission, but stayed for quite a while past that one hour. It was late August and they were not very busy.

Note: Prices increased in June 2018

My 13 year old had a heck of a time trying to get on the larger climbing inflatables. My 15 yr old had no issues getting on them.
    While my 10 year old had a blast on the inflatables in Cozumel and Barbados (and did pretty well at climbing them I thought), it sounds like this might be a bit of a challenge. I just don't like the 1 hour (or half day) limit they have.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I've never been to Reflextions. I've walked through it. It is right next door to my favorite restaurant, Barefoot. Lots of cruisers go there. It looks nice, is fairly small, has a small pool. I hear that the food is good. The water is very calm. I don't think there is any snorkeling there. It is just a nice place to relax and enjoy a beach day. If you decide to go to Splash Park, you could take a look at both and see which one you'd rather use. I know that snorkeling is important to you, and this area is probably not good for that.
    I did look them up online and seen they had a pool too. I wonder how much they rent the beach chairs for. Their website just makes it sound like a place to eat and hang out. I'm not really sure we would be interested in eating what they have on the menu for lunch, since that's when we would be there. Hmmm
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    in a prior posting i mentioned about reflexions to you.
    i had posted that the 2 lounges and umbrella came to about $20 or $22.
    we were there a few times and each time we had lunch there, spent hours in the ocean, rinsed off using their outdoor shower, swam in their pool.

it is a very nice spot and a comfortable way to spend a day.

my favorite day there is Sunday, when many local residents are there too.

lunches for us have included burgers, wings, fries.
    good food reasonable and very fair pricing.
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    While my 10 year old had a blast on the inflatables in Cozumel and Barbados (and did pretty well at climbing them I thought), it sounds like this might be a bit of a challenge. I just don't like the 1 hour (or half day) limit they have.

I did look them up online and seen they had a pool too. I wonder how much they rent the beach chairs for. Their website just makes it sound like a place to eat and hang out. I'm not really sure we would be interested in eating what they have on the menu for lunch, since that's when we would be there. Hmmm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    in a prior posting i mentioned about reflexions to you.
    i had posted that the 2 lounges and umbrella came to about $20 or $22.
    we were there a few times and each time we had lunch there, spent hours in the ocean, rinsed off using their outdoor shower, swam in their pool.

it is a very nice spot and a comfortable way to spend a day.

my favorite day there is Sunday, when many local residents are there too.

lunches for us have included burgers, wings, fries.
    good food reasonable and very fair pricing.
    Thanks. Good to know that we can get burgers, wings and fries. I'm definitely going to go there one of the days we are in Aruba.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    posting #122
    on this thread = andrea/paul May 2018

the lounges and umbrella was $25

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    Thanks. Good to know that we can get burgers, wings and fries. I'm definitely going to go there one of the days we are in Aruba.
    0 0