This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Decisions Decisions

Post Thanks / Like
    We are never up late enough for Cafe Choas...lol.

I'm sure we will taxi over to Palm 1-2 times after the move so that's a great point, Kim. I was really hoping we would overlap with you and Walt in May but its just not in the cards next year. A project that was supposed to wrap up in February got pushed to April or May.
    Always planning our next trip
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Darn Tracey. We would have some F U N !!

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We are never up late enough for Cafe Choas...lol.

I'm sure we will taxi over to Palm 1-2 times after the move so that's a great point, Kim. I was really hoping we would overlap with you and Walt in May but its just not in the cards next year. A project that was supposed to wrap up in February got pushed to April or May.
    Not to steer you in the wrong direction, but their happy hour on Friday starts at 5. And even we’re still up then.
    Last edited by schexc; 08-11-2018 at 09:13 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    Darn Tracey. We would have some F U N !!
    Yes indeed! I say go for what you know. Personally, I don't think the happy hour prices and service are the greatest downtown, there's not enough competition. In any event you are going to Aruba, so how bad of a decision can you make for only two days?

0 2

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Peg and Walt. I know that you love your time on Palm Beach. Costa Linda is fun for happy hour but is pretty much dead for the rest of the evening. I recall when you stayed at the Marina. Didn't you end up checking out early and going back to Palm? We also stay at Ocean Suites. The only lively spot that I know of after dinner is Renaissance Marketplace, and that's not what you are looking for. I think that you might be disappointed if you stay at Ocean Suites. We're your parents age, so it's great for us, but I think that you'll be a lot happier at Holiday Inn.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I agree with Peg and Walt. I know that you love your time on Palm Beach. Costa Linda is fun for happy hour but is pretty much dead for the rest of the evening. I recall when you stayed at the Marina. Didn't you end up checking out early and going back to Palm? We also stay at Ocean Suites. The only lively spot that I know of after dinner is Renaissance Marketplace, and that's not what you are looking for. I think that you might be disappointed if you stay at Ocean Suites. We're your parents age, so it's great for us, but I think that you'll be a lot happier at Holiday Inn.
    we are actually pretty early people and prefer day drinking and happy hours and typically don't have late nights so I think Costa Linda is going to be a good fit.
    As for our stay at the marina Tower you are correct, we did end up cutting that one short. That is part of the reason we want to try the Suites to really make sure that we don't want to stay there when we travel with my uncle. Staying at the same Resort would be so much easier and they really love the Renaissance. That was the main reason we were considering staying for 2 nights giving it a better shot than we did last time. Last time I actually fell when we were walking through the Ocean Suites pool area so we ended up cutting our visit on that side short. We know for sure the marina Tower is not for us, it's just a little too fancy. Right now for us the biggest draw that even has its considering the Renaissance are the Cabanas on the private island. I would say right now we are probably about 60/40 trying the Renn with the cabana over HI.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We are going to be staying in the Ocean Suites in Oct. We've never stayed there before. Tracey, I was wondering about the cabanas. Are they like palapas? I didn' t see anything about them on their website. How big are they? How many of them are there and are they expensive? Can you wait to rent one after you get to Aruba? Thank you for any help.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    As for barhopping I was thinking maybe Surfside beach bar, then west deck, then Lucy's, and/or Iguana Joe's, and maybe Mojitos, and the Renn pool.
    We have to try it before we commit to a week there because it's so different, but this is going to feel like such a short trip, only 9 nights compared to 12 the last couple years. That has me leaning towards Pegs suggestion of go with what you know you like.
    I agree...go with what you know !!! No matter how many nights you stay it never ever seems like enough though !
    We might have to meet you guys somewhere for a get together....We get to the island the 18th and leave the 2nd ....maybe a couple of drinks at Moomba ???
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    I agree...go with what you know !!! No matter how many nights you stay it never ever seems like enough though !
    We might have to meet you guys somewhere for a get together....We get to the island the 18th and leave the 2nd ....maybe a couple of drinks at Moomba ???
    once we have a better idea of our plans, I will let you know. We arrive the 28th, if we don't find a way to come a few days earlier
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    We are going to be staying in the Ocean Suites in Oct. We've never stayed there before. Tracey, I was wondering about the cabanas. Are they like palapas? I didn' t see anything about them on their website. How big are they? How many of them are there and are they expensive? Can you wait to rent one after you get to Aruba? Thank you for any help.
    The cabanas look really nice. They have 4 on each side that are set off by themselves. One of our favorite cruise days on our 1st anniversary vacation we had a cabana on the cruise line's private island and we loved it. The Renaissance facebook group has many positive reviews, they really rave about it. It is pricey and they do recommend reserving in advance. I'm not sure how this will work out I'm trying to paste in some info. The 4 person one is $200 for the day plus tax, so about $230 that is paid at the time of your reservation. The email contact is navigator@arubarenaissance.com. This is a splurge for us, but we like the idea of having our own private little area with a deck right over the water. But then I think about what we could do in Palm Beach with that $200...would we rather go on the Monforte III again...and I'm back to not knowing what we are going to do!!!

Pricing 2018 Max Persons April 2 – December 19Cabana 3001 / 4001 6 $250.00Cabana 3002 thru 3004 4 $200.00Cabana 4002 thru 4005 4 $200.00Grasp the scenic views of the sun-kissed sand and gleaming waters at Renaissance Private Island. Take your vacation at Renaissance Aruba to a new level with a private, ocean front cabana at Flamingo Beach (adults exclusive) or Iguana Beach
    AMENITIESThe cabana comes with 2 bottles of Voss still water, 2 bottles of Voss sparkling water, bottle of sparkling wine, refreshing food amenity,personalized cabana butler service, towels, 2 water floats and 2 full face-snorkeling masks. Cabanas at Iguana Beach come with kidssnorkels. Cabana 4001 has a water slide.
    TERMS & CONDITIONS- Full day rental 9:00am thru 6:30pm- Please note that the maximum occupancy for cabanas is limited to 4 people except 4001 at Iguana Beach and 3001 at FlamingoBeach, they accommodate up to 6 persons, Cabanas at Flamingo Beach only allow adults.- Above mentioned rates do not include 15% service charge and 2% health tax.- It is prohibited to bring outside food and beverages to the island as well as in the cabanas.RESERVATIONS PROCEDURE- Only future Renaissance Aruba resort guests are able to make a cabana reservation directly at the resort. You can reserveMax. 2 cabanas per day. Reservations requests can be send to navigator@arubarenaissance.com.- Reservations have to be prepaid by filling in a credit card authorization form.- Reservations are not valid until an email with a confirmation number has been sent.CABANA CANCELLATION POLICY- Should you choose to cancel your reservation, this must be done 48 hours prior to the start of your original reservationtime to avoid a %100 to your room/credit card. No shows will be charged full rate.In the case of poor weather, refunds are not given.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Decisions Decisions-cabana-info-jpg  
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 08-15-2018 at 07:04 PM. Reason: copy and paste info wasn't legible on screen shot
    0 0