This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading back to Aruba...places to stay

Post Thanks / Like

Heading back to Aruba...places to stay

We are excited to be heading back for another summer vacation this year...for another 10 days.

We have reserved and rented an entire house (but only for 8 days because it was not available for the other 2 days) in Noord, with 2 bedrooms and 3 baths and our very own private pool and oasis out back. This is located in the Westpunt/Esmeralda area (? according to the map) and close to Malmok and Arashi.

Now...I need to find another place for the other 2 days upon arrival and I'm looking for suggestions.

Originally we wanted to rent a place close to Baby Beach, but I'm finding it hard to locate anything that way, that is somewhat decent looking and decently priced. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have found several places on airbnb and if anyone has any experience with any of these or the area, please let me know your thoughts. I'm pretty familiar with most of the areas since we spent a lot of time driving and getting to know the island last time.

1) The Pearl Condo at Eagle Beach

2) Caribbean Palm Village Resort

3) There's a nice little apartment (with a pool) I found around Oranjestad and only 7 minutes from the airport. The name of the place is Juanedu Botique Hotel

4) Another little apartment that is a few minutes walk to Palm Beach, with a pool, and I believe the name of it is Aruba Iaqunita.

5) Another that has really caught my eye is a place right down the street from the Tropicana and Super Foods. It also has a small pool, but I'm really not sure of a name.

6) Just like last time, I'm still considering several apartments in Wacamaya (which still seem to be getting great reviews despite several people on here that thought it might be a little run down and not nice).

Any other suggestions or something closer to Baby Beach...please let me know.

TIA
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    in Savaneta i would consider 2 exta days at Club Arias.
    10 min from Baby Beach
    http://www.clubarias.com
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-22-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    in Savaneta i would consider 2 exta days at Club Arias.
    10 min from Baby Beach
    http://www.clubarias.com
    Thanks so much for the info Andrea. When I first looked at this place, it looked amazing. However, after reading a few reviews on it, there are a lot of complaints about it being very dated, run down, in need of repair, dirty rooms and sheets and then I seen they had also closed down the really neat pool I was seeing pictures of (wading and jacuzzi pool with the rocks/boulders around it).

Have you stayed here yourself? Have you been here recently? I found it weird that their website states the pricing is $135-175 during low season and $250+ during high (plus $35 per night for additional people over 2) but yet you can book this place on TA, kayak, expedia, booking.com and so on for $29-50 per night. Any idea what's going on with that?

Do you know of any that are closer to Baby Beach in the San Nicolas area? I remember driving in that areas on the way to BB and it looked fabulous. But, I'm not sure if it is all just residents that live there or if they have rentals.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I do not know of anything closer.

The owner is a friend and I would not hesitate to stay there.
    We visited there in May but did not stay just visited the owner.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Gold Coast townhouses in malmok
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Try Gold Coast townhouses in malmok
    Actually I did look them up at one point but marked them off my list after booking the house we got (because it's in the same neighborhood). I figured it would be nice to stay somewhere else and experience that area. But, I'll keep them in mind just in case.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I can pretty much answer any questions that you may have about The Pearl.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    I can pretty much answer any questions that you may have about The Pearl.
    I don't really have any particular questions. Just wanted to know experiences and recommendations. Something that might make me want to book one over another.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    No I do not know of anything closer.

The owner is a friend and I would not hesitate to stay there.
    We visited there in May but did not stay just visited the owner.
    Andrea, can you confirm if they filled in the shallow relaxation pool and Jacuzzi with sand?

Can you (if possible and know) explain the Driftwood Gardens? Is it a part of Arias? Same property? Owned by the same people? Same amenities? TIA
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    no, i cannot confirm.
    we did not go that far back to the back section of the resort when we were there.
    we were in the shaded patio area.

the driftwood gardens.......arias has a huge collection of driftwood.
    google images "arias driftwood gardens" and you will see

he has taken some containers (the kind on ships) and converted them into apartment units.
    i have been in 1 and it is amazing.

i think he refers to those couple of units as "driftwood gardens"

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    Andrea, can you confirm if they filled in the shallow relaxation pool and Jacuzzi with sand?

Can you (if possible and know) explain the Driftwood Gardens? Is it a part of Arias? Same property? Owned by the same people? Same amenities? TIA
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-23-2018 at 12:00 AM.
    0 1